• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Caffeine during meth comedown?

Toxic_

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. This is my first time posting here. Been using this site for years and it's purobably saved my life. But after quite a few hours of tweaked out searching I couldn't find an answer to this so here goes.

I ended up drinking the night before last well into the morning. One bad decision led to another and I ended up smoking crystal for the second time in my life. I don't know the exact dosage but I smoked quite a bit more than I probably should have with my lack of tolerance. I took my last hit around 11am yesterday. I thought I had an open schedule the next couple days, but my new job called me at 11:30 asking me to come start my training today at 8:30(two hours from now) I got close to no sleep last night, I did take a xanax and fall asleep but woke up two hours later, still feeling very jittery. I'm exhausted, but couldn't fall back asleep. Besides those 2 hours, I'm awake well past the 36 hour mark, probably closer to 48. I have to start getting ready soon, so sleep isn't an option. Neither is redosing to pick me back up. I forced down a breakfast sandwich, but I'm wondering if I drank a monster or Red Bull or two, would that help be more alert and wake up? Or would it do more harm than good?

Last edited:
I don't think caffeine will help as a red bull but that's just me. When I'm high I find the smell and taste of coffee to be amazing and delicious.

Trying to fix a amphetamine hangover with one redbull is like trying to fix a broken arm with some icyhot it we will barely do anything

Right, I mean obviously caffeine isn't gonna cure a meth crash lol. I was more so asking if it would help with the lethargy of not sleeping, or amplify the mental effects. Anxiety, paranoia, depression, irritability etc.

In my experience, it only helps minimally with the lethargy and depression. It can make the anxiety, twitchiness and irritability worse. Might make you all clammy and sweaty too.

If you take too much caffeine it'll likely just make things worse in my experience. Don't just slam a whole redbull or espresso... You might be better slowly drinking while gauging whether it's helping or not.

One single 8.4 oz redbull or one 6 oz cup of black coffee i doubt will do anything either good or bad.

I've always tried to avoid caffeine during booze withdrawal and extended meth comedowns--mainly because you just get more anxious and jittery. Depending, it might be easier to just look like a zombie (blame your "allergies") than like a full time tweeker or fugitive.

One single 8.4 oz redbull or one 6 oz cup of black coffee i doubt will do anything either good or bad.

True for most people probablt, though some are more sensitive to caffeine then others. If I slam one red bull it makes me jittery anxious and sweaty. I'd hate to feel that way on top of coming down.

True keep in this is coming from someone who drinks 16 cups of coffee and chew green gea leaves every day. So i might underestimate how people respond to lower caffeine amounts

6 oz of coffee will hardly have an effect on anybody, unless you're predispositioned to have a caffeine sensitivity. Or maybe if you're just waking up. Maybe I should have specified more, but ya know..crystal turns your train of thought into a fork in the road in any given sentence. But I was thinking more along the lines of one or two of the extra-sized 24oz monsters. Which equates to about 240mg per can which is an extensive amount of caffeine.

Lol thats a big difference i was expecting u drinking one of those tiny redbulls. Id say 1 24 oz monster would improve your attention and wakefulness as well as increase general stim side effects shaking anxiety ect like 200 mg of modafinil or 10-15 mg of d amphet. Based on my experience guessing k do t know how 10-15 mg of d amph pharm grade. Compares to meth though

IMO your best bet is to take more Xanax. Enough to take the edge off but not enough to get too sedated. You're going to feel very strung and you need to take the edge off. I'd be okay combinging caffeine with the Xanax but not on its own.

Ah, having the "gotta go to work on the shit" blues, are we? I have been in your exact situation way more times than I'd ever have liked to experience.

Anyway, small amounts of caffeine never bothered me too much on a gottagobacktoworkwhilsttweaking day after being high. Thats why meth is notoriously the worst drug to come down from, simply because it keeps one from getting a proper amount of rest.

Some of the old school tweakers I know who've been smoking it for 15 or 20 years-- after so long you can just do anything you want while high, sleep, order a pizza and eat the whole thing, whatever. I'm glad I'm not in that category.

But after being up all night and having to work, it suuuuucks so bad. That will never change.

i always needed coffee high or coming down but coming down after a 6 day binge no sleep and withdrawal from iv meth coffee or not its not going to matter it will fucking blow either way. thats when you get the benzos out to play!