• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Caffeine and Nicotine in Opiate Withdrawal

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I'm in moderate opiate withdrawal. I usually smoke and I drink coffee and and off. Would these help with the withdrawal or make it worse?

I also have Seroquel and Chlorpromazine and have seen studies online of them used in opiate withdrawal but don't really understand how they'd work.

EDIT: I usually take max. dose of Tramadol and Dihydrocodeine daily (Tramadol 400mg, Dihydrocodeine 240mg)s o I'm not heavily addicted or anything. I actually get Tramadol in about 8 hours but have had no opiates for nearly 30 hours and am just looking for anything to feel less terrible.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean cigarettes when you say smoking, they can increase the nausea but other than that I'd say they wont hurt or help. Caffeine being a stimulant may increase any nervousness anxiety or agitation you may feel. Chlorpromazine is an anti psychotic it manages mood swings calms nervousness and has been shown to make patients think more clearly. Its also used to ease nausea and vomiting. As far as the seroquel here is a link to a study that was done it seems very promising https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16259542/

Sorry, yes I did mean cigarettes. They're not all I smoke but in this instance yes xD
Thanks for the quick reply. I got in touch my my doctors and I can collect in three hours now so that's a relief.
And thanks for the link, it makes interesting reading.

My friend finds that when going through opiate withdrawal Xanax really helps as well as vaping nicotine and coffee for a boost.

I avoid both when in WD. Anything remotely stimulating just makes me feel worse.