• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

BZP freebase

jennamarbles420

Greenlighter
Hi guys, new member here. Lurked on this site anonymously for years until now I finally decided to register to make my first post.

So, I found a source for BZP(it's still legal where I live) for really cheap and bought 100gms of this stuff. It came in a vial with the contents inside and while i expected it to be a pure white powder its liquid. My grasp on chemistry is rather weak but from what I can tell I might have gotten the "freebase" form. The prefered method of consumption seems to be by converting to it's HCL salt, or Di HCL might be even better as BZP freebase is corrosive due to it being a strong base(Ph 10) the extra HCL molecule will help lower the Ph of this compound.

I'm really not able to perform a conversion to it's HCL salt at the moment, also because chemistry is confusing to me and I wouldn't know where to find the apparatus and chemicals required to convert it. I might consider doing it at a later date but for now I left it on a plate keeping it exposed to air. It turned into a white solid layer that took the shape of the plate. It looks like it dried into one solid flat mass evenly distrubute on the plate it's got a nice crystalline pattern when observed from the top.

My questions are as follows:
1. Does it take 4-6 hours to solidify into the carbonate salt starting with liquid freebase?
2. Can the carbonate salt be insufflated? I know it burns bad but looking at the dried product I can't resist taking atleast one bump up the nose :)
3. In terms of dosage, how much would 100 mg of the HCL salt equate to the carbonate salt?

1. How cold is the room where it solidified? BZP freebase solidifies around 17-20 degrees C so if the room is a little cold that could have been enough to cause it to solidify. A few hours seems quick to get complete conversion to the carbonate although if it's a thin layer on a plate it wouldn't be impossible.

2. I'm sure it can be insufflated, as it's water-soluble, but it may be quite corrosive.

3. You would need 97.4 mg of the carbonate to be equivalent to 100 mg of the monohydrochloride salt, and 83.2 mg to be equivalent to 100 mg of the dihydrochloride salt.