• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Butec Transdermal

shadowhigh

Greenlighter
I am looking at the best ways of increasing the efficacy of my Butec patches. I've been Opiods for about 20 years, and I love the transdermal patches - they've been a godsend.

That said, I do suffer from breakthrough pain. Previously I took DHC, and because of my increased tolerance they weren't helping it all - so I researched opiate potentiation and found a very helpful PDF from a medical study that listed them all out (I downloaded a PDF of it if anyone is interested!). The ones that helped particularly well: DMSO; Loperamide; promethazine.

I've not been able to find much information relating specifically to the Butec Transdermal Patches though - although what little literature I've been able to find seems to indicate that potentiation is partly blocked by the way the drugs work? It's actually super interesting, but the literature out there is not really written for the layman, although I did make an effort to understand the biochemistry, I gave up after an hour!

Any chemistry buffs out there able to offer any information regarding bio-availability /potentiation of Butec Patches?