View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Buspar and psychedelics

chaosbydesign

Bluelighter
I'm wondering if anyone has been on the anxiety medication Buspar and has tripped on serotonin-affecting psychedelics? Were the psychedelic effects any different? Diminished or amplified? I'd imagine that it would have *some* sort of interaction because they both affect serotonin, but I'm not sure what. Any advice or speculation would be much appreciated!

The result is extreme vertigo, nausea, headache, and a hangover.. like when you drink too much, except you don't black out. It diminished the 'psychedelic' portion of the trips, and increased body load. Not fun.

Pick one or the other... I discovered early on I much preferred responsible self medications. If you have anxiety you might as well ingest your drugs at highly social settings to take advantage of the extreme anxiolosys that can occur with just about every psychedelic.

If you have anxiety you might as well ingest your drugs at highly social settings to take advantage of the extreme anxiolosys that can occur with just about every psychedelic.

I wouldn't call most psychedelics anxiolytic... they can be quite anxiogenic, actually.

Mostly they are, agreed. Though 5HT1C activity may sometimes account for some anxiolysis, one such case may be 2C-C. But even then, it has less predictable anxiolysis than say a lot of GABAergics do... because of the complex action. I don't know about compounds that are purely 5HT1C agonists, they don't fall into the catogory of psychedelics anymore I think.

The result is extreme vertigo, nausea, headache, and a hangover.. like when you drink too much, except you don't black out. It diminished the 'psychedelic' portion of the trips, and increased body load. Not fun.
I'm currently on Buspar as well as Depakote and Lexapro, and the last two times I've taken LSD, I've had no effects whatsoever (I'm currently trying to determine wether this was caused by my medications or just bunk acid), nor the side effects you mentioned.