• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Buscopan (Butylhydroscine) as a muscle relaxant

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
It's a smooth muscle relaxant used to treat cramps of the GI tract or bladder. Does anyone know if it also works as a general smooth muscle relaxant in the rest of the body? It would have to, right? Pills can't target a specific muscle like that.

If so could taking a higher dose produce the same effects as other muscle relaxers?

Buscopan does indeed effect other smooth muscle fibres in the body, you're correct. However smooth muscle is mostly involuntary and fucking with it can cause serious problems. For example, taking a high dose can have an anticholinergic effect and cause urinary retention. Urinary retention i.e. the inability to pee is a medical emergency and requires a trip to the ER to be catheterised in order to get urine out of your bladder so it doesn't explode. Been there, done that.

Last edited:
Buscopan does indeed effect other smooth muscle fibres in the body, you're correct. However smooth muscle is mostly involuntary and fucking with it can cause serious problems. For example, taking a high dose can have an anticholinergic effect and cause urinary retention. Urinary retention i.e. the inability to pee is a medical emergency and requires a trip to the ER to be catheterised in order to get urine out of your bladder so it doesn't explode. Been there, done that.

Yeah, I've had anti-cholinergic toxicity before. Not Fun. I didn't mean huge doses, definitely not enough for confusion/hallucinations/urinary retention etc.

I'm not looking to get high or induce a delirium, I just wondered if I'd get that relaxed/muscles feel. Just like feel relaxed.

Yeah, I've had anti-cholinergic toxicity before. Not Fun. I didn't mean huge doses, definitely not enough for confusion/hallucinations/urinary retention etc.

I'm not looking to get high or induce a delirium, I just wondered if I'd get that relaxed/muscles feel. Just like feel relaxed.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I definitely wouldn't be looking for it in buscopan though...

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I definitely wouldn't be looking for it in buscopan though...

It a just-in-case-of-emergency thing, not common or even recreational. You know, keeping meds for withdrawal or to tide you over a day or two if needs be.
Like I keep a "Painy Day Fund" which is basically a little tub I'll try and add one or two of my Gabas or DHC if I can save them from a script, or on occasional if I get a few benzo's or morphine, phenobarbital etc. For emergencies when I suddenly otherwise have nothing for some reason.

It a just-in-case-of-emergency thing, not common or even recreational. You know, keeping meds for withdrawal or to tide you over a day or two if needs be.
Like I keep a "Painy Day Fund" which is basically a little tub I'll try and add one or two of my Gabas or DHC if I can save them from a script, or on occasional if I get a few benzo's or morphine, phenobarbital etc. For emergencies when I suddenly otherwise have nothing for some reason.
Yep I have the same thing dude, some gabapentin, clonidine, diaz, loperamide. But yeah the only thing I'd use buscopan for is stomach ache :)