• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Burning Injection

That doesn't sound good at all, redness/inflammation tracing the vein towards the heart is a sign of a blood infection. The only time that has ever happened to me or anyone I knew was when I/they had a blood infection. It is usually like a red line that traces the vein and grows progressively towards the heart. It can be serious and a reason to immediately go to the doctor.
Could it be cotton fever? That's what it sounds like, super mild blood infection

Ok so I was in the process of injecting a 30 unit shot of meth, which had 15 units of water in the solution. I inserted the needle registered correctly , but as I started to inject I felt the dope, but then a slight burn or tingle occurred.

I new for a fact I was in the vein do I tested another small push but it still burned / tingled. (just didn't feel right) so I took the needle out and let it be. I called a friend and waited for him to get there to help with the rest of the injection incase I was missing.

He came over , injected in a different spot and definately registered , and began to push the plunger. At first it felt ok , but then the burn and tingle came on. My wrist made a huge lump compared to the spot on my bicep and was numb for a good while. Today all numbness and swelling is gone but I'm just confused as to why the burn and swelling occurred. Histamines, cut dope , or was it a miss. ( I also thought maybe an artery, but not likely if both spot occurred the same.)

Anyone who's had this experience or could give their opinion let me know.

(and yes I used heat compression on areas just incase they were misses)
I'd bet it's cut with iso or b vitamins. They will make you flush. Once I did a shot of coke cut with them and immediately turned bright red

I would like some more insight on this if anyone else knows some information about what this could have been from.

I like to inform myself as best as possible.
Thanks

HungryGuy
If there was an obvious knot AND burning, it was a miss. You were either not all the way in the vein or you pushed through it. I've found that I tend to "dig in" (push in) when I'm unloading the rig and when I double check my register I'm not so pushed in- that may be why you were able to register both times yet still miss. I doubt it was an artery and I swear I've had to get dog hair out of my spoon before (my pup sheds like hell) and had um.... residual shit left in there (idk what though, I filter) and it hasn't burned UNLESS it's a miss. Just my two cents!