And for a while
I don't drink by myself

I feel alone, so much that I see it,
my loneliness,
burning away, eating the night sky
I see it beneath the tapestry,
it's in the dust lying
in my corners and under my feet

I think this part is so good. It could almost stand alone.

Here you go, buddy. Emphasis is mine

Loneliness is a Pain
Pat Rooney

Loneliness is a pain,
Not the pain of a knife cutting through skin, sinews, muscles, and drawing blood.
Not the pain of a tooth in your mouth throbbing and sending shocks of horrors through highways of swollen nerves..
Not a fatal pain of a dying cell being devoured by a cancerous growth that thrives on the death and the pain of the very cells that produces its been.
Not the pain of the prisoner s body been tortured by men who see no wrong or feel no shame as they insert sharp hot instruments into natural and man made orifices in their captives helpless, hopeless bodies.
Not the pain of age as the body's functions start their natural march towards unreliability, hips, knees knuckles, elbows and all the other joints as they begin to slowly dry up and rub against each other like stones rolling down a hillside.
Not the pain of hearts slowing, livers hardening, lungs wheezing like ripped accordions bellows.
Not the pain of childbirth.
Not the pain of accidents that show no fairness to the person in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Not the pain of self inflicted wounds that can fool you into thinking that that pain is the answer to your problems.
Not the pain of the young healthy times when the body, and mind could accept it and overcome it
Not the pain of hunger or thirst.

Loneliness is the pain of the soul.
Loneliness is the pain of dreams that are dreamt when you'r asleep and when you'r awake.
Loneliness is the pain of memories. Some half forgotten some that are so clear you could almost touch them.
Some you'd rather forget.
Some you would spend the rest of your life reliving over and over again.
Loneliness is the pain that at times can be part relieved momentarily through the bottom of a whiskey bottle or a point of a syringe filled with a concoction of juices from plants poisonous to both the body and the soul.
Loneliness can never be cured by earthly things. Loneliness is a pain that can only find peace through a kindred spirit.