• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupropion

Delish1973

Bluelighter
I have been taking citalopram 40mg daily. I feel this medication isn't up to its job
  • I've three failed attempts of suicide, my last try I was resuscitated x3. I think of ending my life daily
  • I haven't been diagnosed yet but my episodes of behavioural changing are similar to ALTERED MENTAL STATUS
  • My attacks last 12 hours roughly
  • Unaware of my surroundings
  • Euphoria
  • Sweating badly
  • Heart racing
  • Shouting
  • Upset
  • Unable to keep still
  • I have memory loss of these attacks..
  • I was sedated so I could get blood taken.
  • I am very dehydrated due to my illness. This may be a factor.
  • The phyco team said I have a lot going on and unable to cope. I remembered small bits of being spoken too.
Friday was my 4th hospital abmission to hospital whereby I was totally uncoherent. My other admissions into hospital no one could work out why I was behaving this way, my blood work only showed severe dehydration and kidney disease
At last I will now be seen as an outpatient to see the phyco team. My GP has not one signal clue how desperate I am to end my suffering. I've spoken over the phone twice in 2 years about my mental health. Telephone appointments are useless when your wanting your doctor to see the desperation on your face
I've laid in bed for two years, I have no desire to shower, dress, clean etc. This is why I'm better to end my life.

I'm broken basically.

I was forced to reduce opiates 3 years ago which stole my life from me, being in pain and dealing with my ileostomy that produces 3000ml daily of liquid. I've gone from 10 stone to 16 stone and very dehydrated.
.I heard Bupropion is for extreme mental health and weight loss, I cannot stay on what I take now

My doctor is calling me this morning, am I able to request starting this medication? Will she take offence?

I would b interested in hearing what you would do. Shell I let her recommend another antidepressant, taking the risk that she has no real idea of my mental pain

I obviously want to get better or I wouldn't of posted this. You have experience some of you, I just want to hear your experience on it. The good and the bad

Thank you

Adele xx

Last edited:
I have been taking citalopram 40mg daily. I feel this medication isn't up to its job
  • I've three failed attempts of suicide, my last try I was resuscitated x3. I think of ending my life daily
  • I haven't been diagnosed yet but my episodes of behavioural changing are similar to ALTERED MENTAL STATUS
  • My attacks last 12 hours roughly
  • Unaware of my surroundings
  • Euphoria
  • Sweating badly
  • Heart racing
  • Shouting
  • Upset
  • Unable to keep still
  • I have memory loss of these attacks..
  • I was sedated so I could get blood taken.
  • I am very dehydrated due to my illness. This may be a factor.
  • The phyco team said I have a lot going on and unable to cope. I remembered small bits of being spoken too.
Friday was my 4th hospital abmission to hospital whereby I was totally uncoherent. My other admissions into hospital no one could work out why I was behaving this way, my blood work only showed severe dehydration and kidney disease
At last I will now be seen as an outpatient to see the phyco team. My GP has not one signal clue how desperate I am to end my suffering. I've spoken over the phone twice in 2 years about my mental health. Telephone appointments are useless when your wanting your doctor to see the desperation on your face
I've laid in bed for two years, I have no desire to shower, dress, clean etc. This is why I'm better to end my life.

I'm broken basically.

I was forced to reduce opiates 3 years ago which stole my life from me, being in pain and dealing with my ileostomy that produces 3000ml daily of liquid. I've gone from 10 stone to 16 stone and very dehydrated.
.I heard Bupropion is for extreme mental health and weight loss, I cannot stay on what I take now

My doctor is calling me this morning, am I able to request starting this medication? Will she take offence?

I would b interested in hearing what you would do. Shell I let her recommend another antidepressant, taking the risk that she has no real idea of my mental pain

I obviously want to get better or I wouldn't of posted this. You have experience some of you, I just want to hear your experience on it. The good and the bad

Thank you

Adele xx
The following is my personal experience and opinion only.

I don't think it's going to be strong enough, plus it's very subtle like most of these things. It almost sounds like you need to get on a low dose of adderal which will have the side benefit not only have increasing your motivation and hopefully your desire to begin to care for yourself it will also help you shed a few unnecessary pounds curb your appetite perhaps... along with an antidepressant if you like or perhaps an atypical antipsychotic, though none of them really are miraculous silver bullets or I should say have been for me. Probably the best in terms of combining with a stimulant would be mirtazapine to help you with any residual wakefulness and perhaps insomnia. It doesn't have the same profile of sexual side effects as well.

I think you should be honest with your doctor. I was in a very bad state and lucked out getting this woman psychiatrist who must have been in her late sixties or even early 70s. In fact she retired the next year.

On my second visit after trying whatever it was that didn't do anything she recommended "a small dose" of adderal because she could see how down I was and said matter-of-factly that it would help with mood & motivation, which is considered an off-label use however it does work with the caveat that it is very easy to get into an unhealthy relationship with it. She also recommend something called aripiprazole with a small dose of Xanax. And I said OK (while suppressing an urge to smile). She got out of her prescription pad. As she was beginning to write I said Ritalin had worked better for me as I'd taken both, mentionin briefly ADHD when I was younger though it was more recent than that but just lending a little bit of weight to the request. And she said it's been a long time since I prescribed Ritalin to anybody I have to look it up, do you remember what dose you last took? I sure did it was 20 mg three times a day... Long story short I wound up getting 10 mg twice a day

Eventually I ditched both the Xanax and aripiprazole for Klonopin and Prozac (New Doc) and finally after about six months I realized Ritalin is more of a drug of abuse which is why I wanted it and went instead for adderal which is what I still take and don't even take daily, although workdays yes usually. I kept filling the Prozac even though I wasn't taking it since it was cheap but eventually someone told me about Mirtazapine and I said I'd like to switch and I did and it's great I don't take it all the time either I think it's almost better to take as needed for sleep although if anyone takes it daily I'd like to hear

At least Mirtazapine is not an SRI medication which do seem connected to suicidal ideation more than the older or atypical antidepressants, also not the best combination with a stimulant although they didn't bat an eye when they did it for me.

One last thing you mentioned an illness but you didn't specify what it was?

Last edited:
Do you guys have buprenorphine sublingual? I think that has an antidepressant effect but I don't know the prescribing regulations in Great Britain. I don't know why I didn't mention it to begin with I'm a recovering addict myself who still takes kratom, although right now I got a hold of some Tramadol and I'm taking two or three a day, and it's amazing what a tiny bit of an opioid will do for you just your overall well-being and sense of being able to live in your own skin. I was on methadone for many years and I was prescribed Suboxone toward the end of that had a bad experience, eventually came around to using it in a different way and was surprised by its potency! If you don't have much tolerance you only need to start with one or two milligrams a day. It is habit-forming but that's the least of your concerns. Some people have a harder time stopping it than with methadone. But you don't want to be going to a chemist everyday to get your methadone or maybe you do, it would get you out of bed... 🤔

Good luck and God bless 🙏

Do you guys have buprenorphine sublingual? I think that has an antidepressant effect but I don't know the prescribing regulations in Great Britain. I don't know why I didn't mention it to begin with I'm a recovering addict myself who still takes kratom, although right now I got a hold of some Tramadol and I'm taking two or three a day, and it's amazing what a tiny bit of an opioid will do for you just your overall well-being and sense of being able to live in your own skin. I was on methadone for many years and I was prescribed Suboxone toward the end of that had a bad experience, eventually came around to using it in a different way and was surprised by its potency! If you don't have much tolerance you only need to start with one or two milligrams a day. It is habit-forming but that's the least of your concerns. Some people have a harder time stopping it than with methadone. But you don't want to be going to a chemist everyday to get your methadone or maybe you do, it would get you out of bed... 🤔

I have a good tolorence! 18 months ago I was occasionally downing 300ml oramorph at a go. If I took 250 zomorph now I would get an amazing Euphoria and still able to act normal.

You wouldn't believe the meds I taken.

14 years old was on Pethadine tablets 18 months due to spinal problems

22 Ileostomy was prescribed Codeine. Swollowed 5 x 60 mg at a time
6 Nurofen plus when I ran out of Codeine
600ml oramorph weekly + 400mg MST
Tranadol for 4 years
Pregabalin 600mg daily
Baclofen that I swollow 6 at a time

What is methadone like. Should it be taken in front of a pharmacist. My zomorph isn't staying inside me for 12 hours. My ileostomy output is out of control due to lowering Morphine. My beads are expelled after 4 hours. My 60mg twice a day works for 5 hours then I suffer withdrawel feelings till next dose
I asked for my meds to be delivered daily. I'm wanting to stop this awful withdrawry feeling so I would take more. I just want to function, to behave normal. To do what others take for granted.

I was wrongly prescribed the amount of oramorph this happened each week for 6 weeks. I got 1800ml weekly. Wow I was drinking it like squash. But I was blamed and told of for not owning

My doctor forced me to taper now I'm fucked! would 40ml daily of oramorph be totally impossible for then to give me

Oh and I just reread a bit regarding chemists. Having a pharmacist and it's customers witnessing me enjoying my shot my status immediately changes from normal person to a Herion addicted sex worker" I can almost hear there tutting. That's how methadone with its green tinge has a slight negative image with those stiff upper lipped British socialite who pretend to be posh, we r trash full stop.

Can u buy ure meds online if so how much

I have a good tolorence! 18 months ago I was occasionally downing 300ml oramorph at a go. If I took 250 zomorph now I would get an amazing Euphoria and still able to act normal.

You wouldn't believe the meds I taken.

14 years old was on Pethadine tablets 18 months due to spinal problems

22 Ileostomy was prescribed Codeine. Swollowed 5 x 60 mg at a time
6 Nurofen plus when I ran out of Codeine
600ml oramorph weekly + 400mg MST
Tranadol for 4 years
Pregabalin 600mg daily
Baclofen that I swollow 6 at a time

What is methadone like. Should it be taken in front of a pharmacist. My zomorph isn't staying inside me for 12 hours. My ileostomy output is out of control due to lowering Morphine. My beads are expelled after 4 hours. My 60mg twice a day works for 5 hours then I suffer withdrawel feelings till next dose
I asked for my meds to be delivered daily. I'm wanting to stop this awful withdrawry feeling so I would take more. I just want to function, to behave normal. To do what others take for granted.

I was wrongly prescribed the amount of oramorph this happened each week for 6 weeks. I got 1800ml weekly. Wow I was drinking it like squash. But I was blamed and told of for not owning

My doctor forced me to taper now I'm fucked! would 40ml daily of oramorph be totally impossible for then to give me
I have no doubt that you need to get on a maintenance dose of a narcotic. If your doctor doesn't know what you just told me reiterate it and tell him that you need them not only for pain, but due to being prescribed too large a dose for too long that the lack has driven you to the edge of suicide. Methadone actually would be the recommended one because it will get you out of bed every day and I'm sure that you're the kind of patient who could get take homes if there are such a thing in England, however buprenorphine would work well too. Since you have experience I don't have to tell you that opioids are not good medicine for chronic pain, despite many people arguing with me on here about that it's just a fact. You develop a tolerance and you need to keep going higher and then it becomes hard to distinguish between the original reason you took them and your need for them. You might mention to the doctor that you would consider also taking a non-narcotic analgesic. And why not throw in an antidepressant or an anti-psychotic just for the heck of it. I know the NHS is the greatest thing ever (is everyone still clapping on Thursdays..?) but it tends to snuff out the individual in favor of a collective, cookie-cutter approach which is both dehumanizing and infantilizing. But we're close behind you.

If your Doc doesn't hear politely tell him thanks and get on the phone and demand another doctor at once this is your life

Oh and I just reread a bit regarding chemists. Having a pharmacist and it's customers witnessing me enjoying my shot my status immediately changes from normal person to a Herion addicted sex worker" I can almost hear there tutting. That's how methadone with its green tinge has a slight negative image with those stiff upper lipped British socialite who pretend to be posh, we r trash full stop.

Can u buy ure meds online if so how much
Does what other people may think take precedence over your life? You know being dead is a long time. That's why you have the other option buprenorphine. Somebody dropped the ball, mistakes were made. You need help and Hope. Who gives a s*** what anybody thinks

I didn't mean to sound harsh but my father grew up in London and my mother in the Midlands and I've lived with that whole "what will people think?" garbage my entire life

The following is my personal experience and opinion only.

I don't think it's going to be strong enough, plus it's very subtle like most of these things. It almost sounds like you need to get on a low dose of adderal which will have the side benefit not only have increasing your motivation and hopefully your desire to begin to care for yourself it will also help you shed a few unnecessary pounds curb your appetite perhaps... along with an antidepressant if you like or perhaps an atypical antipsychotic, though none of them really are miraculous silver bullets or I should say have been for me. Probably the best in terms of combining with a stimulant would be mirtazapine to help you with any residual wakefulness and perhaps insomnia. It doesn't have the same profile of sexual side effects as well.

I think you should be honest with your doctor. I was in a very bad state and lucked out getting this woman psychiatrist who must have been in her late sixties or even early 70s. In fact she retired the next year.

On my second visit after trying whatever it was that didn't do anything she recommended "a small dose" of adderal because she could see how down I was and said matter-of-factly that it would help with mood & motivation, which is considered an off-label use however it does work with the caveat that it is very easy to get into an unhealthy relationship with it. She also recommend something called aripiprazole with a small dose of Xanax. And I said OK (while suppressing an urge to smile). She got out of her prescription pad. As she was beginning to write I said Ritalin had worked better for me as I'd taken both, mentionin briefly ADHD when I was younger though it was more recent than that but just lending a little bit of weight to the request. And she said it's been a long time since I prescribed Ritalin to anybody I have to look it up, do you remember what dose you last took? I sure did it was 20 mg three times a day... Long story short I wound up getting 10 mg twice a day

Eventually I ditched both the Xanax and aripiprazole for Klonopin and Prozac (New Doc) and finally after about six months I realized Ritalin is more of a drug of abuse which is why I wanted it and went instead for adderal which is what I still take and don't even take daily, although workdays yes usually. I kept filling the Prozac even though I wasn't taking it since it was cheap but eventually someone told me about Mirtazapine and I said I'd like to switch and I did and it's great I don't take it all the time either I think it's almost better to take as needed for sleep although if anyone takes it daily I'd like to hear

At least Mirtazapine is not an SRI medication which do seem connected to suicidal ideation more than the older or atypical antidepressants, also not the best combination with a stimulant although they didn't bat an eye when they did it for me.

One last thing you mentioned an illness but you didn't specify what it was?
Sorry for leaving random answering. Anyway I feel a right hypocondract listing my illnesses but I have scars to prove lol should u question why I'm still breathing lol

4 Discectomies spinal op.
3 Laminectomies
Crohns but in remission
Ileostomy (colon removed)
2 seperated small bowel operations
Short bowel syndrome
Kidney disease
Constant dehydration due to lowering opiates
Psoriasis arthritis
Oh and nearly forgot incistinal hernia as my lower abdomin cannot hold my insides in any longer.

I've been opened up twice on my 10" scar left side and 4 times right side scar beast bone to pubic bone. Oh and a barbie but lol

⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️

I didn't mean to sound harsh but my father grew up in London and my mother in the Midlands and I've lived with that whole "what will people think?" garbage my entire life
So u live in US, where in London did your father live. And where in Midlands did ure mother grow up. How did u end up in America. I detest England. When u have toxic parents, no children there's nothing to keep me here

Sorry for leaving random answering. Anyway I feel a right hypocondract listing my illnesses but I have scars to prove lol should u question why I'm still breathing lol

4 Discectomies spinal op.
3 Laminectomies
Crohns but in remission
Ileostomy (colon removed)
2 seperated small bowel operations
Short bowel syndrome
Kidney disease
Constant dehydration due to lowering opiates
Psoriasis arthritis
Oh and nearly forgot incistinal hernia as my lower abdomin cannot hold my insides in any longer.

I've been opened up twice on my 10" scar left side and 4 times right side scar beast bone to pubic bone. Oh and a barbie but lol

⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️
Sounds like you have been through the ringer. Taken together that's a lot! It's a disgrace that the doctors decided for you what the best dose of analgesic was. But it's actually a blessing in disguise that stuff is shite unless you're going to shoot it up your backside. Get on methadone or 4-8 mg of buprenorphine hopefully the kind that's w/out naloxone but if you have to deal with the other one that's OK. I think it might work wonders for your mood and ability to get out of bed and begin to help yourself because the doctors may as well be flippin Wimpy burgers for all the good they done

Last edited:
I have no doubt that you need to get on a maintenance dose of a narcotic. If your doctor doesn't know what you just told me reiterate it and tell him that you need them not only for pain, but due to being prescribed too large a dose for too long that the lack has driven you to the edge of suicide. Methadone actually would be the recommended one because it will get you out of bed every day and I'm sure that you're the kind of patient who could get take homes if there are such a thing in England, however buprenorphine would work well too. Since you have experience I don't have to tell you that opioids are not good medicine for chronic pain, despite many people arguing with me on here about that it's just a fact. You develop a tolerance and you need to keep going higher and then it becomes hard to distinguish between the original reason you took them and your need for them. You might mention to the doctor that you would consider also taking a non-narcotic analgesic. And why not throw in an antidepressant or an anti-psychotic just for the heck of it. I know the NHS is the greatest thing ever (is everyone still clapping on Thursdays..?) but it tends to snuff out the individual in favor of a collective, cookie-cutter approach which is both dehumanizing and infantilizing. But we're close behind you.

If your Doc doesn't hear politely tell him thanks and get on the phone and demand another doctor at once this is your life
Don't get me started about the friggen clapping. What I want to understand......what were the other departments staff doing when hero's were going above and beyond the call of..........erm there contracts??? Surely if your job is a janitor and over night everyone has terrible diarrhoea I'm guessing you signed up for the job. 👏👏👏
My doctors surgery will only allow you to book telephone appointments at 9am. If you call at 11am for an appointment next week or in two days time you are told to call on the day at 9am
So........what are the receptionist doing all day. A doctors telephone appointment I would imagine takes less time.
I once attended the surgery in March. I had to speak to them through a window. 7 staff, shoes off, drinking tea..
Operations cancelled so what happened to the staff.
Massive money saving operation

The Thursday clapping irritated the he'll out of me

WE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING YOU JOB. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
Sounds like you have been through the ringer. Taken together that's a lot! It's a disgrace that the doctors decided for you what the best dose of analgesic was. But it's actually a blessing in disguise that stuff is shite unless you're going to shoot it up your backside. Get on methadone or 4-8 mg of buprenorphine hopefully the kind that's w/out naloxone but if you have to deal with the other one that's OK. I think it might work wonders for your mood and ability to get out of bed and begin to help yourself because the doctors may as well be flippin Wimpy burgers for all the good they done
You hilarious 🤪🤪🤪🤪

I was trying to find how I post an image, I have a summery report mentioning
Opiate abuse! Why doesn't it state. Doctors irresponsibility prescribed Morphine without regular reviewing
They have put on my file "over use of painkillers that really gets my goat. Friggen "GP over use of prescription pad"

Anyway wouldn't I have to empty my body from Morphine then buprenorphine would work. Are you saying that this is a game changer with methodone
But I don't want to collect and drink it in shop

Don't get me started about the friggen clapping. What I want to understand......what were the other departments staff doing when hero's were going above and beyond the call of..........erm there contracts??? Surely if your job is a janitor and over night everyone has terrible diarrhoea I'm guessing you signed up for the job. 👏👏👏
My doctors surgery will only allow you to book telephone appointments at 9am. If you call at 11am for an appointment next week or in two days time you are told to call on the day at 9am
So........what are the receptionist doing all day. A doctors telephone appointment I would imagine takes less time.
I once attended the surgery in March. I had to speak to them through a window. 7 staff, shoes off, drinking tea..
Operations cancelled so what happened to the staff.
Massive money saving operation

The Thursday clapping irritated the he'll out of me

WE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING YOU JOB. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

You hilarious 🤪🤪🤪🤪

I was trying to find how I post an image, I have a summery report mentioning
Opiate abuse! Why doesn't it state. Doctors irresponsibility prescribed Morphine without regular reviewing
They have put on my file "over use of painkillers that really gets my goat. Friggen "GP over use of prescription pad"

Anyway wouldn't I have to empty my body from Morphine then buprenorphine would work. Are you saying that this is a game changer with methodone
But I don't want to collect and drink it in shop
If you are taking oral morphine right now then methadone will be an easier transition you could do it the same day you took your morphine. Since your dose is not sufficiently holding you start your buprenorphine in very small doses for which you'll need the sublingual strips. Titrate your dose meaning take very small doses (.5mg) every 60-90 minutes up to a total of 4mg on day one, same for day 2. Raise the max to 6mg. on days 3/4 which should be sufficient. You should probably not take morphine for at least 12 hours before starting, longer if possible. But don't suffer unduly. You're taking a fairly small dose as it is.

This article sheds light on micro induction, to minimize precipitated withdrawal

So u live in US, where in London did your father live. And where in Midlands did ure mother grow up. How did u end up in America. I detest England. When u have toxic parents, no children there's nothing to keep me

I was born here. There was a time when I even considered going to the British Consulate and requesting dual citizenship. Well as of a year-and-a-half ago I no longer have an interest.

My dad was from the East end for the North End of London one of the two I can't remember. Spent many nights in the tube as a small boy during the Blitz. My mom is from around Leicester City

I was born here. There was a time when I even considered going to the British Consulate and requesting dual citizenship. Well as of a year-and-a-half ago I no longer have an interest.

My dad was from the East end for the North End of London one of the two I can't remember. Spent many nights in the tube as a small boy during the Blitz. My mom is from around Leicester City
Leicester is 42 Miles away from where I am. I know south London well and a little of north London. Where in US are u from. I've tried speaking with a twang but I cannot for the life of me speak like you. I watch films and notice the men sounding like they have a husky broken voice, our males sound wimpish, soft spoken, delicate. That's why I dream of an American male talking sexy to me. What a turn on, I will for now watch these species on my telly