• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Bupropion (Wellbutrin) for opioid withdrawal

NawdybyNature

Bluelighter
Howdy folks,

I was curious if anyone has had any experience using Wellbutrin (bupropion) to ease opioid withdrawal symptoms. I just got prescribed bupropion xl (150mg/day) to help with apathy/motivation along with my usual daily Vyvanse (40mg/day). I currently have a fentanyl habit that I'm trying to kick, and I imagine it would make the most sense to get clean from fentanyl before introducing bupropion to my system. I have plenty of comfort meds on hand to get through the worst of the fent (Xanax, gabapentin, suboxone, Ambien, and/or loperamide). The only reason I ask is that I've come across a few anecdotal reports that suggest Wellbutrin actually helped with some of the opioid withdrawal symptoms (RLS, fatigue, anhedonia, etc.). Any knowledge would cure my curiosity and be much appreciated! Thanks!

Wellbutrin will help you a little bit in the energy department, at least it does for me.

I have never heard of anyone using it for opiate withdrawals, but I know people who used it upon stopping meth and they say it helped.

I see that you have some good meds to help you with withdrawal.

The only thing I am worried about is susceptibility to anxiety, especially when you are trying to kick a habit.

Ive used it after i kicked opiatyes and it does help alot with the lack of energy and shit you get during paws

Clonidine 0.1mg absolutely Paramount
Pregabalin 150-300mg
Diazepam 5-10mg
Cannabis Indica 5mg oil
Ketamine (thin little lines)

Bupropion is……meh no real dopaminergic properties, more NET activity

TRUE Amphetamines work for opioid withdrawal in combination with the cocktail above

Ritalin 20mg IR / Dexedrine 5-10mg / Adderall 5-10mg / Vyvanse 20-40mg (6-12mg d-Amph)

Pregabalin 150-300mg
Diazepam 5-10mg
Cannabis Indica 5mg oil

TRUE Amphetamines work for opioid withdrawal in combination with the cocktail above

Ritalin 20mg IR / Dexedrine 5-10mg / Adderall 5-10mg / Vyvanse 20-40mg (6-12mg d-Amph)
You do love your amphetamines, don't you?

Wellbutrin will help you a little bit in the energy department, at least it does for me.

I have never heard of anyone using it for opiate withdrawals, but I know people who used it upon stopping meth and they say it helped.

I see that you have some good meds to help you with withdrawal.

The only thing I am worried about is susceptibility to anxiety, especially when you are trying to kick a habit.
Ya, the possibility of exacerbating the anxiety is the main drawback for me. I'll probably just stick with the standard comfort meds.

Pregabalin 150-300mg
Diazepam 5-10mg
Cannabis Indica 5mg oil

I'm prescribed clonidine (0.2mg), what does your timeline look like for using it during withdrawal? Once a day? Every few hours? I've always heard it's an amazing comfort med but maybe I'm not taking enough of it because I haven't noticed it helping that much. I guess I'm mainly worried about the drop in blood pressure by taking too much and being even more lethargic than usual.

I'm prescribed clonidine (0.2mg), what does your timeline look like for using it during withdrawal? Once a day? Every few hours? I've always heard it's an amazing comfort med but maybe I'm not taking enough of it because I haven't noticed it helping that much. I guess I'm mainly worried about the drop in blood pressure by taking too much and being even more lethargic than usual.
Taking for opioid withdrawal you’d be take 0.1mg X 3 daily for a week …then X2 daily ….then 1/2 of a scored tablet at the end of taper (2 weeks max of safely reducing). 2-3 weeks of daily usage …..and upon cessation you WILL get rebound hypertension, were just standing up too quickly you’ll see stars and feel light headed, could even fall?

Used sporadically a 0.1mg tablet once or twice a week…..no issues

I even use half a scored tablet @ 240lbs and in 30min I feel amazingly relaxed. Very fast onset. I just freaking love Clonidine lol, it has anxiolytic properties even better than some benzodiazepines and safer

Taking for opioid withdrawal you’d be take 0.1mg X 3 daily for a week …then X2 daily ….then 1/2 of a scored tablet at the end of taper (2 weeks max of safely reducing). 2-3 weeks of daily usage …..and upon cessation you WILL get rebound hypertension, were just standing up too quickly you’ll see stars and feel light headed, could even fall?

I even use half a scored tablet @ 240lbs and in 30min I feel amazingly relaxed. Very fast onset. I just freaking love Clonidine lol, it has anxiolytic properties even better than some benzodiazepines and safer
Good to know, thanks man. I always took my clonidine before bed because it would help me fall asleep quicker, whether I was in WD or not. I'll try taking it 3X daily with my other comfort meds this time.

You do love your amphetamines, don't you?

Yes lol I do…I actually went 30 days without my Ritalin script. Filled few days ago along with 100 Methadone tablets and damn its just so clean, effective, and completely free of cardiovascular adverse effects

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 40-60mg IR taken with a light fatty meal (steak & eggs) which speeds absorption, and taken with alcohol / Jin 2.oz X 3-4 drinks (Ethanol increases active d-MPH by 40% aka Focalin) Significantly enhancing euphoric subjective effects in all test subjects

0.25mg of HCL salt / per Kg of body weight - dose required to inhibit 50% of DAT dopamine transporters (causing euphoria) ED-50

After 30 days of no Ritalin I took 60mg IR with Methadone 100mg and 10.oz of Jin in 5 drinks and I was On Point ! it pleasant mood-boosting properties with clean Euphoria

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) d-Amph with its 3-hour onset / peak plasma levels 8-10h duration gave me zero pleasant feelings, Super dry mouth and trouble sleeping …even heart palpitations (my buddy too)

Ritalin with its 3-4h duration and no sleep or appetite disturbances
3-4X more active at DAT than NET, further enhanced by Ethanol 40% increase in d-MPH

Yes lol I do…I actually went 30 days without my Ritalin script. Filled few days ago along with 100 Methadone tablets and damn its just so clean, effective, and completely free of cardiovascular adverse effects

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 40-60mg IR taken with a light fatty meal (steak & eggs) which speeds absorption, and taken with alcohol / Jin 2.oz X 3-4 drinks (Ethanol increases active d-MPH by 40% aka Focalin) Significantly enhancing euphoric subjective effects in all test subjects

0.25mg of HCL salt / per Kg of body weight - dose required to inhibit 50% of DAT dopamine transporters (causing euphoria) ED-50

After 30 days of no Ritalin I took 60mg IR with Methadone 100mg and 10.oz of Jin in 5 drinks and I was On Point ! it pleasant mood-boosting properties with clean Euphoria

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) d-Amph with its 3-hour onset / peak plasma levels 8-10h duration gave me zero pleasant feelings, Super dry mouth and trouble sleeping …even heart palpitations (my buddy too)

Ritalin with its 3-4h duration and no sleep or appetite disturbances
3-4X more active at DAT than NET, further enhanced by Ethanol 40% increase in d-MPH
I'm scripted dextroamphetamine 50mg ER a day. Ritalin didn't go well with my body "and mind". I take half my dose or even skip it if I do ice, which I take small amounts of when I do it.

Thanks again for the clonidine advice btw! My buddy doesn't use BL so I figured I'd post here to get him some reassurance that it would help with his WD. He's a couple weeks clean now, so fingers crossed it sticks this time 🤘🏿