• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Bupropion buzz

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
I take wellbutrin for depression and I noticed at times it can be quite euphoric and ive been manic before and ive taken dopamine reuptake inhibitors before and this isn't mania. Yup, feels like any other dnri stimulant ive taken before. Does anyone else have any noticeable euphoria from wellbutrin?

I take wellbutrin for depression and I noticed at times it can be quite euphoric and ive been manic before and ive taken dopamine reuptake inhibitors before and this isn't mania. Yup, feels like any other dnri stimulant ive taken before. Does anyone else have any noticeable euphoria from wellbutrin?

Do you snort it or take it orally?

While Bupropion is technically an NDRI, it undergoes extensive first-pass-metabolism upon oral administration, where almost the whole dose is converted to Hydroxy-Bupropion, a metabolite that serves as a non-recreational Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor. When snorted, your brain gets much more unmetabolized Bupropion, which is why some people manage to use it recreationally.

And some people are just lucky enough to get a rush from noradrenaline alone, so they receive a noticeable mood lift even when they swallow the pills as prescribed.

I didn't, it just gave me more energy and seemed to unlock my brain when I first started taking it..within 2-3 weeks it stopped working though and the entire time it aggravated my anxiety

Well, if you take a look at the chemichal structure of buproprion, you'll notice an amphetamine "backbone"

I've never experienced 'euphoria' from bupropion, but I have experienced, strangely enough, a very addictive property in it, which I can't explain, as I don't find it euphoric, but really quite the opposite. I used to IV bupropion when I was craving coke but out of money, now I don't want anyone to get any ideas here, it's totally NOT worth it, the shit TRASHES your veins, and the high is miserable, it couldn't even be called a 'buzz', rather just an uncomfortable jittery feeling. That being said it's a popular anti depressant because it is a weak DRI and has some immediate stimulating effects that I imagine some might find euphoric, especially in combination with other drugs, like gabapentin.