• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupropion and phenibut

Retired Trashcan

Bluelighter
I wasn't sure if this belongs in BDD, OD or trip reports. Mods in the wrong spot, can you please put it in the appropriate place. Thank you.
So, for various reasons, I have to stick to a so-called "legal highs" these days. And before anyone says this is Placebo, I can guarantee that it's not. The placebo effect can't keep me up for days.
I love him some interesting discussion about this. First, the combo has put together Is bupropion, phenibut and Gabapentin as a safety measure.
Bupropion only seems to act as a stimulant if insulated. Gabapentin is to protect me against seizures, and phenibut synergizes nicely with the bupropion. I am curious as to why bupropion acts as a stim, although I recognize the molecular structure of an aminoketone(cathione relative) when I see it. And it isn't a normal antidepressant for sure. Bupropion on its own has a crappy buzz to it, a little bit too edgy but if it smooths it out nicely with the phenibut. Like I said previously, I take the Gabapentin as a preventative against seizures because I know exceeding the prescribed limits of bupropion carries a seizure risk.
Have become very industrious on this combination, cleaning the house and obsessively reading Facebook and Bluelight just like if I was on a regular stimulant. Also makes me extremely horny after a while.
Does anybody have any feedback about why this may work. I know that phenibut is supposed to release dopamine after it has been in the system for a while. I noticed that this combination works best if it has been 24 hours since I took phenibut. I I'm aware that this is a risky combination, but from a harm reduction standpoint I know I'm not the only one to have ever done this. I figure some discussion on this might help. So other than the ever so helpful "don't snort pills/antidepressants" and "snorting wellbutrin is dangerous" comments does anybody have some interesting feedback on this?

I'm not sure why you're using bupropion to get high, because there's nothing recreational about it. I've been on it a couple times and it worked somewhat for it's intended purpose for about two months, and then all I was left with was elevated anxiety levels and a touch of insomnia.

The last time I was on it I was also battling a phenibut addiction, and the only effects I observed were the phenibut decreasing the anxiety brought on by the bupropion.

I would strongly advise against trying to get "high" on bupropion...

I'm not sure why you're using bupropion to get high, because there's nothing recreational about it. I've been on it a couple times and it worked somewhat for it's intended purpose for about two months, and then all I was left with was elevated anxiety levels and a touch of insomnia.

The last time I was on it I was also battling a phenibut addiction, and the only effects I observed were the phenibut decreasing the anxiety brought on by the bupropion.

I would strongly advise against trying to get "high" on bupropion...

It is only recreational if you snort it. Orally, it does very little.

This is something they do in jail...

Ingesting super high doses of bupropion is asking for a seizure.