• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine tolerance

ComfortablyNumb95

Bluelight Crew
Yo, so I've been taking bupe every Saturday for a few months now, and because of my tolerance I have to plug 10 mg or at least 8 to have a worthwhile high.
How many weeks/months should I wait for my tolerance to go down to 0? Or at least being able to plug 3-4 mgs and have a decent high?
And also, is it possible to develop a physical dependence by using once a week?

I am on suboxone 12mgs daily. I have stayed on this dose and it still holds me fine. It doesn't get me high at all, it's good for that. Not getting high but also being able to maintain on the same dose indefinitely without needing to increase. This doesn't help you at all though as you are using it recreationally. I do believe with it's long half-life that it could be possible to develop a physical addiction to it even using it once per week if you use it long enough, the higher the dose you start using the longer it takes for it to be eliminated from your body. If you achieve a high enough dose there may still be some in your system by the next time you dose and this effect could build up over time. Theoretically anyway.

I can't comment on how long it will take your tolerance to go down, depends on how long you've been using and how conditioned your receptors are from using.

Honestly man your tolerance may never fully reset. And even if it does it will most likely be short lived. The human body is crazy amazing and it will now forever remember what opiates are and exactly what to do with them.

For example I got clean from a pretty decent heroin addiction. Was doing anywhere from a gram to gram and a half of good quality (for my area, I know everything's cut to shit and stepped on blah blah blah not getting into that discussion) for a year and a half. I got off the shit and ALL opiates for 2.5 years was only smoking a little herb here and there. Anyways once I started back up I don't think it even took a month for me to get back up to a gram. And now 6 months later my tolerance is even HIGHER than before and I've only been on the shit for like 7-8 months so far.

So
1.5yrs=1-1.5 grams
2.5yrs clean of opis
7-8months=1.5-2 grams

See what I mean? And Damn I'm outta control...

I guess it's always a possibility, considering buprenorphine is ~30x (IIRC) the potency of morphine. Take a break or look into NMDA-antagonists e.g. magnesium, ketamine, DXM

How long does it take after the last dose to feel withdrawals? I've been feeling good as always during the last week but in the last hour or so I've started to feel agitated for no reason. I don't think it's related to the Bupe since it's been more than a week since last dose and agitation is pretty much the only symptom (might be I'm simply catching a flu) but still I'd like some feedback.