• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine and Plasma donation?

nooo, some places don't even accept you for antidepressants

I went down there and they said they would have to think about it and they will let me know tomorrow gahhhh this sucks

Let us know the outcome?
I'm curious what they'll say. Were you an IV drug user? Does that disqualify you?

Being an IV drug user definitely disqualifies you. I know because I was going to sell plasma for drug money, haha, but then realized they probably wouldn't be able to hit my jank ass veins anyway, then realized that any risk of exposure to HIV or Hep B/C is a nogo with blood donation, so I'm sure plasma is the same. Even if you only ever use sterile needles.

Maybe bupe is only an issue because they assume it means you're an IV drug user (even though it obviously doesn't, but people are ignorant).

Yeah, that's what i was thinking, but i imagine their could be other considerations, but i don't really know. You can't sell/buy blood in Australia; it's a donation thing, so i don't know much about the details. I've always wanted to be a blood donor, buf i guess i've probably made myself ineligible.

Panda, where do you live? If you are in the U.S. the Red Cross has guidelines for donating blood. The medications they would be concerned about are blood thinners and certain antibiotics. So being on buprenorphine would not exclude you from being a donor. However, if you have ever been an iv drug user, you would be disqualified for concerns about HIV and hepatitis.

I promised myself ill never donate PLASMA AGAIN in 2014 i was 20 and in college I WENT SO HARD IN STEALING AND NEVER LOOKED BACK