• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine and GHB?

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
I have recently been taking Suboxone every day at a dose of .5mg up to 2mg, usually somewhere around 1mg. I will usually skip a day once every 3rd or 4th day. I am not using it as maintenance from full opioid agonist use, but rather using it to help get off of Kratom, which I've been struggling with for the past year. Kratom I have no self control over, Suboxone is easier for me to stay within a certain limit and I figured it'd be easier for me to taper slowly off of. I've only been using it for about 2-3 weeks, never going over 2mg in a day.

I made the mistake of getting some GHB without recognizing that I was on Suboxone. I've always wanted to try G and am eager to give it a go. On paper it seems like a risky combo, but I imagine its much less dangerous than mixing it with a full opioid agonist. Does anyone have any experience using GHB while on Buprenorphine maintenance? I couldn't find any information through searches, and when asking on another forum I only got one response from someone who said they did G many times while on Suboxone with no issues.

So how long should I wait between my last Suboxone dose and dosing GHB?

Suboxone is harder to get off than kratom suboxone has a horrible withdrawal. If you want to get off kratom I recommend getting some codeine and using the codeine for 4-5 days then stop entirely. After 5 days you will be through the kratom withdrawal and go straight into PAWS (which you'd have to go through anyway with tapering) so you might as well just get it over with like that. That's how I got off kratom after years of dependency.

As for GHB it should be fine, just take a lower suboxone dose for that day and wait a few hours before taking the GHB.

I feel everyone reacts differently. It was impossible for me to taper kratom. I'd just compulsively dose it with no control. The fact that WD kicks in before a dose even wears off. Not to mention the 40 alkaloids causing severe anhedonia and depression for up to a month afterwards. I could always make it a week without Kratom but always broke because of the depression it left me in. My goal was to get passed the mental effects of the kratom WD with Suboxone, and then taper down with subs and deal with the physical opioid WD. I've kicked bad Heroin and Morphine habits before and it's physical torture, but I find the depression isn't too bad. For some reason coming off of kratom takes all joy out of life for me, and for quite some time.

It's too late for me to do that Codeine trick, considering I've already initiated myself onto Suboxone. No going back now. It's gonna suck whichever way I do it lol.
Thanks for the response!

I feel everyone reacts differently. It was impossible for me to taper kratom. I'd just compulsively dose it with no control. The fact that WD kicks in before a dose even wears off. Not to mention the 40 alkaloids causing severe anhedonia and depression for up to a month afterwards. I could always make it a week without Kratom but always broke because of the depression it left me in. My goal was to get passed the mental effects of the kratom WD with Suboxone, and then taper down with subs and deal with the physical opioid WD. I've kicked bad Heroin and Morphine habits before and it's physical torture, but I find the depression isn't too bad. For some reason coming off of kratom takes all joy out of life for me, and for quite some time.

It's too late for me to do that Codeine trick, considering I've already initiated myself onto Suboxone. No going back now. It's gonna suck whichever way I do it lol.
Thanks for the response!

How much kratom were you using out of curiosity? I only got to 30g a day but didn't think the withdrawal was that bad compared to other opioids and comparatively short lasting. Certainly was comprised of a few different withdrawal syndromes that occured in a few different stages due to the complex alkaloid profile but still not as bad as any full agonist withdrawal that ive experienced.

This time around I had gotten up to 15-20g a day, on and off but mainly on for about 6 months. I imagine the severity is due too kindling effect. I've kicked other opioids multiple times and this is like my 6th time trying to kick Kratom. At my absolute worst I was at 30g a day or so for 2 years.

In my experience, full agonist withdrawal is physically debilitating but the depression and anhedonia aren't usually too bad. The craving sucks but that's more just wanting the misery to end. Kratom withdrawal isn't as physically painful for me, but its mental and emotional torture. Coming off of full agonists I usually feel better in terms of mood and spirits by day 4 or 5. With kratom my mood stays low for at least 3 weeks, if not longer. That's the hard part for me

This time around I had gotten up to 15-20g a day, on and off but mainly on for about 6 months. I imagine the severity is due too kindling effect. I've kicked other opioids multiple times and this is like my 6th time trying to kick Kratom. At my absolute worst I was at 30g a day or so for 2 years.

In my experience, full agonist withdrawal is physically debilitating but the depression and anhedonia aren't usually too bad. The craving sucks but that's more just wanting the misery to end. Kratom withdrawal isn't as physically painful for me, but its mental and emotional torture. Coming off of full agonists I usually feel better in terms of mood and spirits by day 4 or 5. With kratom my mood stays low for at least 3 weeks, if not longer. That's the hard part for me

Interesting, I also had serious past opioid addictions, once being on 380mg of methadone/day on top of which I had a heroin or at times fentanyl habit on top of. Still I found kratom pretty forgiving. Recently though I have found that I've become more sensitive to kratom withdrawal (particularly the restless). A few days of extracts is enough to ellicit a response.

Interesting, I also had serious past opioid addictions, once being on 380mg of methadone/day on top of which I had a heroin or at times fentanyl habit on top of. Still I found kratom pretty forgiving. Recently though I have found that I've become more sensitive to kratom withdrawal (particularly the restless). A few days of extracts is enough to ellicit a response.
That is a pretty large habit! The kindling effect is no joke! it really does seem that the more withdrawals one experiences, the easier and quicker it is for them to become addicted in the future. I've had little isolated periods where I'd use 30g in 2 days and not use any for a few weeks after, and hadn't used for a few weeks prior. It still usually makes me feel a little sore and restless for 2-4 days.

Thanks for the response!

I still think codeine would be a better choice and you can easily transition from suboxone to codeine or codeine back to suboxone if the codeine doesn't work out for you. The reason I say this is because unlike other opioids, suboxone tends to give you a long drawn withdrawal with depression more akin to kratom than drugs like morphine and the like.

I still think codeine would be a better choice and you can easily transition from suboxone to codeine or codeine back to suboxone if the codeine doesn't work out for you. The reason I say this is because unlike other opioids, suboxone tends to give you a long drawn withdrawal with depression more akin to kratom than drugs like morphine and the like.

I have heard of a depression from Buprenorphine WD that is unique to it and unlike other opioids. I'll keep that in mind. Codeine is hard for me to source, and being an addict its hard to justify the price of it vs other opioids. I wish there were OTC formulations available in the US like there are in other countries.

Apologies for the double post. Posting in case this helps someone in the future.
I consumed around 2-2.5mg of Buprenorphine yesterday starting at 2pm and ending with about .25mg at 7am this morning when I went to bed. I haven't had any Suboxone today, and around 530pm today I consumed 1.1grams of GHB. I'm not familiar with GHB but didn't notice any Ill effects. Some anxiety surrounding my breathing as it was coming on, but once it leveled out it was all good. It's now 730 and I am going to top off with 1ml (just over .84g). Other substances consumed today have been Isopropylphenidate (Around 35mg total insufflated) and 3-MeO-PCP (about 6mg insufflated)

Apologies for the double post. Posting in case this helps someone in the future.
I consumed around 2-2.5mg of Buprenorphine yesterday starting at 2pm and ending with about .25mg at 7am this morning when I went to bed. I haven't had any Suboxone today, and around 530pm today I consumed 1.1grams of GHB. I'm not familiar with GHB but didn't notice any Ill effects. Some anxiety surrounding my breathing as it was coming on, but once it leveled out it was all good. It's now 730 and I am going to top off with 1ml (just over .84g). Other substances consumed today have been Isopropylphenidate (Around 35mg total insufflated) and 3-MeO-PCP (about 6mg insufflated)
Was suboxone and ghb safe together?

Was suboxone and ghb safe together?
It was for me but I can't guarantee it will be for others. This thread is from right before I went to detox and I was using a lot of coke, clonazolam, nitrous, suboxone, 3-meo-pcp, and amphetamines; so my memory is a bit hazy of that period of time in my life, but I'm here to reply so I guess I survived. I remember I kept the dosages low. I don't think I ever went over 4g of GHB in a night, and never more than 1.5g in a single dose