• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine and cannabis interaction, clinical study

Yeah I used to feel great on bupe, when I just took it sometimes recreationally. Now that I'm on it, it's not as bad as you describe, but I just feel normal, no "high" at all, except that I feel generally more apathetic and down,. Certainly my testosterone is way down, too. Not much fun to be on, but at least I feel stable and am not constantly up and down and spending shit tons of money.

Yeah I used to feel great on bupe, when I just took it sometimes recreationally. Now that I'm on it, it's not as bad as you describe, but I just feel normal, no "high" at all, except that I feel generally more apathetic and down,. Certainly my testosterone is way down, too. Not much fun to be on, but at least I feel stable and am not constantly up and down and spending shit tons of money.

How did your T seem like it was doing after Ibogaine? Better?

-GC

This is how I feel on long term bupe, especially without any cannabis or other drugs.
The first 2hrs after taking my buipe consist of just me coming to a feeling of "feeling normal & semi-emotionally stable" and then after that, I'm really tired, apathetic, lethargic & anhedonic. Usually for the rest of the day or until I take a nap.
Yeah that was the case( except tramadol which is weak , never tried full-agonist like oxy, heroin, hydro funny story)when I was on 8mg and that time I worked as a store manager so I took half in morning and the other when I got home for lunch and the other half always had me tired nodding so I remember I was at the time asking what is with this bupe? and I need to get of of this thing? I neither feel normal I'm just drugged more than I ever was and in daytime!
So found another psych, well I need to mention I wasn't that innocent cause of GHB and Phenibut(it helped me but psych didn't knew anything about it) addiction or dependance I was on high doses of benzos like 4x2 xanax xr daily, which cognitive wasn't funny while dealing with numbers and people and sheets et cet...

I'ts been a week or two since I posted in this thread and what I also now see is cannabis I start taking in the last stages of my taper I just couldn't deal with fybro which is new and a lot of dealing on my own.
Sorry for little draag!
Meaning sometimes the tasks in my head are just scrambled or lost in voices so I don't smoke much but It was a silver bullet, till I noticed that I need something with bupe and pregabalin
I take 300mg now also trying to get- off. but I became lazier with weed and prior meaning when I was smoking 10years ago it was more psychedelic and than always what I loved and still love is weed gives me that slap in head like saying to me: (you lazy fuck clean the dishes, vacum, change the fluids in car,) well I'm alone now in a big house most of the time( daughter is with me every other day) new gf is milenial( not generalization but 1% of conservative mind wouldn't bother)

So now those whole years taking the buprenorphine made me apathetic to even weed effects( of course is a matter of quality of strain) but here not that you have big choice apart from looking yourself and knowing the difference.
So being said that I have adult ADHD as only diagnosis I have permition to seek sources within EMA for Dextroamphetamine or Lisdexamphetamine( Elvanse), because Concerta works only in high doses with me and I start to not care about anything and also I tried dextro and saw the difference.

What I'm trying to say is that I stopped Concerta and the general feelings overwhelmed me!
I lit a joint a week ago and I was focused and creative and than day after weed made it worse, just in how much stuff I make done!
I seem to had problems with my pregabalin dosing while working at home also in last two weeks while on weed I was taking 300mg more at night just to relax more!

So it appeared and it's thread-wise I'm talking in weeks but I observed myself last year shifting between stims and weed and I need one or the other to function while on stims I make some more work done I seem to get more depressed, while on weed I'm more grounded but again in couple days depressed because of layziness.
So i rotate now and I have app. rescheduled cause my psych was on sick-leave and she knows about this theory I showed her the results, we tested my blood and we need to do it one more time for testosterone levels (thyroid) on top of that.
Because I know that I have ADHD as many other people around me, but I don't think it's that serious when weed gives me focus almost like stims, making low level bupe last more, and stims do it in the same but diff. subjective feeling of time, like time is going faster on stims and slower on weed while in both perception of times I don't think of meds!

How did your T seem like it was doing after Ibogaine? Better?

-GC

I never had it measured, but I'll say that like 2-3 months later I met my girlfriend, and we fucked like rabbits for the first 2 years of our relationship... at least 2 times every day we saw each other, always the first and last thing we did during visits. The most was 6 times in 24 hours once. We were both insatiable.

Of course, testosterone recovers after opioid addiction, it's just temporarily lowered. Or so I have always read.

so here it is again or I'm missing something it's strange...
I was smoking a small ammount of every day like a week, I'm on 2mg buprenorphine, 300-600mf pregabs and Concerta here and there.
Yesterday morning I had last small ammount of weed and day went well ok,
I than went late to sleep and I had some nightmares and I woke up like wanting to die, mentally I needed to guide myself to make a coffee and fatigue is like
my fybro went 300% and also I took 4mg buprenorphine in last 12 hrs and still went 3x on toillette cause of diarrhea.
I took 72mg Concerta with 300mg pregabalin and I need to go to work and I can still accumulate strenght!
Also I had hotncold flashes like an hour after waking and they went away now but I still feel like I took large ammount of benzos or clonidine or any depres..

I smoke partialy like OP said in the first post! with the steady dose of bupe
Are some of you still experience these problems? I called the guy will try maybe with couple days breaks but why fatigue? diarrhea? I took another dose of bupe to feel maybe normal?

Are there any studies like this about cannabis in combo with other opiods? Or even with cannabis and downers in general?

I have a hunch that synergy of cannabis and many opiods is often in fact strong potentation via same mechanism like in case with bupe and not really just a good combo. On many occaisons I have experienced that light effects of various opiods was potanteted by cannabis to a point of a strong nod. Last example I can remember was when I was taking fent patch (sublingualy and transdermaly) with my ex and she was commenting how uplifting it is but after a joint it becomes noddy, just like with a lot higher dose. I experienced that strongly with bupe and fent, somewhat with a H and morphine (with those it becomes a lot more of a synergy and not only potentation), hardly at all with tramadol and low dose oxy (in a sense I felt like I’m on them but feeling cannabis too). With other opiods I tried I also felt to various extent potentation, synergy or just like a combo of two drugs and I think more research on this topic would be great.

I remember when I was a teen how a friend told me when we got methadon – after you wake up, just smoke a cig and you’ll get a lot of effects back. That wasn’t my experience but smoking a joint did bring a lot of effects back and for longer than effects of smoking weed alone would last. But I do think it’s possible even tobacco could in fact also interfere with opiods more than what would be expected intuitively and in other ways than known (slight effects on dopamine etc), and for some reason, again especially with bupe. Surely it would be interesting to investigate how both cannabis and tobacco affects opiods in regular smokers vs. who just like to smoke a few cigs and/or joints after using opiods.

cannabis ads also a psychedelic open-minded perspective especialy if listening good music whatever is good for you
Can't go wrong if it is gooood!

buprenorphine gives a bit energy but without weed it's just a mood stabilizer with apathy after couple hours.
it gives a bit entactogenic touch o whatever the f...I know just be responsible and enjoy>> ;.)<<- my nose went a bit right, here!, well not here >>there<<

Are there any studies like this about cannabis in combo with other opiods? Or even with cannabis and downers in general?

I have a hunch that synergy of cannabis and many opiods is often in fact strong potentation via same mechanism like in case with bupe and not really just a good combo. On many occaisons I have experienced that light effects of various opiods was potanteted by cannabis to a point of a strong nod. Last example I can remember was when I was taking fent patch (sublingualy and transdermaly) with my ex and she was commenting how uplifting it is but after a joint it becomes noddy, just like with a lot higher dose. I experienced that strongly with bupe and fent, somewhat with a H and morphine (with those it becomes a lot more of a synergy and not only potentation), hardly at all with tramadol and low dose oxy (in a sense I felt like I’m on them but feeling cannabis too). With other opiods I tried I also felt to various extent potentation, synergy or just like a combo of two drugs and I think more research on this topic would be great.

I remember when I was a teen how a friend told me when we got methadon – after you wake up, just smoke a cig and you’ll get a lot of effects back. That wasn’t my experience but smoking a joint did bring a lot of effects back and for longer than effects of smoking weed alone would last. But I do think it’s possible even tobacco could in fact also interfere with opiods more than what would be expected intuitively and in other ways than known (slight effects on dopamine etc), and for some reason, again especially with bupe. Surely it would be interesting to investigate how both cannabis and tobacco affects opiods in regular smokers vs. who just like to smoke a few cigs and/or joints after using opiods.
THC itself is an opioid receptor modulator. So it's going to potentiate any and all opioids.

Does prednisone speed up the metabolism of buprenorphine?

It seems like it kind of does.
Taking prednisone along side my buprenorphine this week & normally my pupils are always pinned from the bupe.
But I've noticed they're huge within a few hours of taking it. And then they'll go back n forth the rest of the day from small to huge.