• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bupe injections, benzos and heroin

Blowingclouldzzz

Bluelighter
Hi, So long story short, i did the bernese method, switching methdadone (80mg) for 2-3 year's to suboxone strips (12mg) but i actually took lower, it gives me headaches. Now im on bupe injections monthly.

I dont know if its the rapid taper of methadone 80mg to 0 in 12 days withdrawals or my high tolerance of benzos. Xanax (12-20mg) a day but i changed to clonazepam k-pins, same dose. I also have diazepam and again, high dose. I alternate them sometimes and use xanax once in a while.

So the point is, I get pins and needles/ tingling and burning and itching sensations usually at night and sometimes morning or day when im chilling. Its so bad, ik scratching wont do anything but i still do it, it happens under my feet and my palms. I have to keep moving them kinda like twisting and turning my legs for some relief but its still there.

Whats the cause of this? Its fkd up. I asked the doctor and he doesnt know.

Other than that its all fine, symptoms and side effects wise.

Anyone know please help because i feel like 50-55% in my mind to go to the hospital....

Also its hard to sleep so i have to pop either a xanax or some klonopins or diazepam (diaz works great for sleep).

Kind regards, Jas*n and also im new here. Although ive been knowing this site for 8 years now its my second time registering.

I’d personally chalk it up to the recent rapid taper/WD of methadone. Your body is going to be acting strange for awhile.

-GC

I’d personally chalk it up to the recent rapid taper/WD of methadone. Your body is going to be acting strange for awhile.

-GC
Thanks for replying,

Yeah i was leaning 70% more towards that, methadone. 30% bupeprenophine (subucade, buvidex etc..) or a mixture of both..

Partial antagonist and full anatagonist so I dont know... i just want to rule out and narrow it down to which one is causing it. I think it may be the methadone w/d as i get sweaty palms and the symptoms i stated. So yeah.

One time when i was 21, i quite h and went on methadone well i was on methadone and still using, so a total of say.. 1.2 year's of methadone, that time i chose a high dose of 120 cos being young and dumb.. full of.. c-confidence, i just wanted to get wasted.

So i tapered and stopped, it took overall about 6 months PAWS, derealisation, depersonalised and overall feeling like a zombie. At this stage its still almost out of my body.

Thanks for replying,

Yeah i was leaning 70% more towards that, methadone. 30% bupeprenophine (subucade, buvidex etc..) or a mixture of both..

Partial antagonist and full anatagonist so I dont know... i just want to rule out and narrow it down to which one is causing it. I think it may be the methadone w/d as i get sweaty palms and the symptoms i stated. So yeah.

One time when i was 21, i quite h and went on methadone well i was on methadone and still using, so a total of say.. 1.2 year's of methadone, that time i chose a high dose of 120 cos being young and dumb.. full of.. c-confidence, i just wanted to get wasted.

So i tapered and stopped, it took overall about 6 months PAWS, derealisation, depersonalised and overall feeling like a zombie. At this stage its still almost out of my body.
I can only speak on the methadone withdrawal. I tapered from 140mgs down to 10 mgs over a 10 month period. I then stopped and I had SEVERE withdrawals for almost 2 weeks and still has withdrawal symptoms for almost 2 months after that. It was worse then detoxing off H and benzo in jail. It took almost 6 months for my sleeping and eating to be back to normal. I would suggest that no one ever starts on methadone and if you do to switch to literally any other drug to get off that shit. Detoxing in 12 days from methadone is most likely your issue bud. If you've made it that long just keep doing what you're doing and you'll notice a difference soon.

I wonder why the clinics prefer those bupe injections. They are insanely expensive compared to Suboxone strips.

I wonder why the clinics prefer those bupe injections. They are insanely expensive compared to Suboxone strips.
Suboxone and Subutex can be heavily abused just like other opioids. I guess the whole idea is that these meds were made to stabilize people and if they are causing the same issues that their d.o.c. did then they have to realize that the patient is going to misuse whatever they have and the monthly injection breaks the cycle.

Anyone I ever knew abused them, sold them or traded them for meth. Takes a really committed person towards their recovery to use them how they were intended. Some on here can take them as directed and stabilize and then eventually get off once their lifestyle changes. But not very many.

Ok thanks guys. Yeah it's definitely the quick rapid taper from methadone. Imagine 80mgs for a few years... then 14 days via the bernese method (look it up) but it was very effective of getting off methadone quick.

One thing is i only get it at night in bed, going to sleep.

I have to pop a xanax or valium 3×5mg sublingual helps and watch documentaries on youtube for 30 mins and then close my eyes, relax my muscles and body, leaving the video on listening and i fall asleep.

Soon ill taper my benzo use to 16mg of xanax use daily or klonopins mg-mg down, because 240-280mg of valium is way too high. I enjoyed it when i was taking 100mg every second day. Thats another story tho.

Oh and one thing, is it that i also smoke heroin at night 1 hr before bed aswell that causes that aweful burning and tingling and itching, sweating palms and under my feet symptons?

Regards

Ok thanks guys. Yeah it's definitely the quick rapid taper from methadone. Imagine 80mgs for a few years... then 14 days via the bernese method (look it up) but it was very effective of getting off methadone quick.

One thing is i only get it at night in bed, going to sleep.

I have to pop a xanax or valium 3×5mg sublingual helps and watch documentaries on youtube for 30 mins and then close my eyes, relax my muscles and body, leaving the video on listening and i fall asleep.

Soon ill taper my benzo use to 16mg of xanax use daily or klonopins mg-mg down, because 240-280mg of valium is way too high. I enjoyed it when i was taking 100mg every second day. Thats another story tho.

Oh and one thing, is it that i also smoke heroin at night 1 hr before bed aswell that causes that aweful burning and tingling and itching, sweating palms and under my feet symptons?

Regards
The whole H before bed is definitely going to end up continuing the opioid withdrawal. Not the best way to get off methadone imo

I can't say exactly what's causing it but it's probably a side effect of ditching methadone, and having such a massive benzo habit. 12-20mg of alprazolam or comparable is fucking ridiculous honestly you need to try and taper down on that shit imo.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right. Firstly it's definitely the methadone. I can tell as I have symtoms of PAWS already, my vocabulary and speech isnt sharp and my cognitive. Thatll go away in 3 months maybe. Ik cos nenzos make me very talkitive in a smart vocabulary way. Now im struggling to find words to speak. It used to come natural without thinking of what to say.

Im already planning on letting my tolerance go down anyway. 2 days without it and/or take a small dose of vals at night. And keep it to what was best, 20x5mg of valium every second to third day.

Thanks all please wish me luck.

Yeah you're right. Firstly it's definitely the methadone. I can tell as I have symtoms of PAWS already, my vocabulary and speech isnt sharp and my cognitive. Thatll go away in 3 months maybe. Ik cos nenzos make me very talkitive in a smart vocabulary way. Now im struggling to find words to speak. It used to come natural without thinking of what to say.

Im already planning on letting my tolerance go down anyway. 2 days without it and/or take a small dose of vals at night. And keep it to what was best, 20x5mg of valium every second to third day.

Thanks all please wish me luck.
Sounds like a plan. Hope my comment didn't come off too judgy or anything, I'm always just surprised to hear when people have a tolerance like that. It's just never good.

Os
Sounds like a plan. Hope my comment didn't come off too judgy or anything, I'm always just surprised to hear when people have a tolerance like that. It's just never good.
Ik its not good. I wana keep it back to every other day recreational use, not now which is daily use and at a fkd up amount.

Also i think its the methadone giving me that horrible sensation...

Hey guys, its definitely the methadone, cos now that sensastion and feeling is starting to wear off. Im now on my 3rd buvidal injection and its great!

Problem now is the benzo tolerance had gone up. Im gonna cut that back down cos im basically at 250mg+ of diazepam equivalent... but i take clonazepam everyday and a 3-5 xanax bars first in the morning to start my day off. Then after work its another 3 and 1 before bed.
Its not good.

Thanks alll,

I want to wish you and everyone the very best of life in every aspect! Good health and longevity and positivity and prosperity. Love and peace 😇