• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Recovery Bupe induction by way of fentanyl, anyone ever hear of an experience like this?

oldschool@it_again

Greenlighter
I've been a long time opioid user. I'd say 30 years or so. Recently I found myself with a major habit I could no longer control. You all know how it goes. It's inevitable. I used some fentanyl analog pressed into fake blue roxies for approximately 6 weeks. Off and running pounded over $6k into my fucking veins. One pill at first, until my tolerance insisted I used a 10ml syringe. I have found that you need about 1ml of water for each pill. Sick of this shit.... disgusted with myself I decided that I was taking my vacation time, and gong to detox. Bupe induction. Piece of cake. The first 24 hours weren't bad at all, but about hour 28 I was getting pretty sick, and possibly just wanting something... sweats, agitation, feeling selfish, crying for help. I went in to see the Dr, and he could tell I needed some relief but really we all know only one thing makes it better. No, I was shocked at what this shrink prescribed me. Nary an opioid in the bunch, but relief. So much I slept like a baby the first 4 days. I've been trying to remember this concoction, but My brain is a bit fuzzy I'll try to list what i recall.

Serequel 25mg,
Ativan 2mg,
Bentyl (sp?) not sure how much.
Requip, again the dosage escapes me.
Ibuprofen 600mg,
Clonidine, not sure.
Flexaryl 10mg.

There may be one or two I'm missing, but this cocktail had me happy and looking forward to the induction. Piece of cake. I waited 96 hours because I was terrified. I've managed to stave off withdrawal for years. Haven't had it bad and always had what I needed, but people do go into PWD even at this stage. The actual hour was more like 88 if I'm being honest and it was at 1am when I woke to kicking legs, sweats. Cocktails not working so good. So I go out to the nurses station, hoping for some Clonidine or maybe an Ativan. The only choice I had was 1mg Subutex. Fuck. Well, here we go! I took it and the nurse was confident I'd be sleeping like a baby so I lied down, fell asleep for approximately 20 mins and woke to a sensation that you could not deny. Holy fuck! It's happening. Back to the nurses station. Pleading.... call the dr. Get me something! They weren't convinced. After all it had been almost 4 days. But after watching me for another hour they finally relented. 1mg Subutex, 25mg seraquel. Ramping up. This shit was intense, 2 more mg Subutex. couple hours later 4mg Subutex. and then 4 more. At this point I was in pain. The most intense cold to the bone, Pins and needles in all extremities. Walking in circles, stomping my feet. At one point I was carrying a pillow around to scream into just to release any endorphins for a few seconds of relief. They poured 24mg Subutex into me and it lasted 17 hours. At this point I'm feeling much better, phew, thank you God, we got through it. Only a bit of a chill left. So when I see the Dr after this he's confident we can go ahead and induce Suboxone. 8mg, twice a day to see how I tolerate it. As soon as the strip dissolved I began to get sick again. WTF? Shouldn't I feel better? where's the relief? the Oxycodone like buzz? Tremors, pins and needles, agitation all over again.

I flag the Dr down? What is going on man? He seemed confused. He never said that this was typical. But i could tell He'd not experienced this before. "Well Danny, You're through the worst of it, just keep taking the Sub and it'll eventually get better." What!? Every dose took a small amount of the sick away, until finally on the 7th Day I pleaded with him to just give me a wallop of 24mg to see if it will work. Why am i still fucking sick!? Shouldnt this be done? He finally did and it was to the dismay of the entire nursing staff. Made me stick arouund to make sure i didn't get too fucked up. The 24mg was weird man. It made me jittery, and a bit sicker for about 30 minutes, but then it began to even out. It wasn't a good feeling at all, but it did get me to almost normal. No buzz this time and I assume that it is because I'd been on sub about 6 years ago.

I researched this before going but never found any other stories like this. Have any of you guys ever heard of the sub working in this manner? Almost backwards? I got through this shit and it was a harrowing, and intense ordeal. But coming through it has giving me almost a spiritual experience and I feel that it had to happen this way. Fuck fentanyl, as one dude in detox said, "that shit changed the game". Coming through it with all the misfits and addicts in detox I now feel empowered. Some really good people in there, and I hope we all stay clean. Life has to be better than chasing this shit.

So I got my script, a few sleep meds. I'm just going to stay on the subs. Can't trust myself enough anymore. "Way she goes boys, way she goes."

Best of luck, mate. That sounds horrible. I hope it's a worthwhile experience.

Im still reeling from it all. All wd is gone except left with a slight chill that I'm sure will settle in the coming weeks. I'm sure it will be difficult going forward, but at least I'm not chasing that shit anymore. Had it been some decent heroin I feel id have persisted longer. But those days are gone. You just can't find dope that's not cut with this shit. It used to be so easy to kick H, and induce sub as needed, but you can't even chip anymore. Fentanyl destroyed any chance of casual heroin use. At least in my area. Only other solution would be the dark net, and I just don't care to even look. Staying as clean as I can.

Guess no one has ever heard of this. The bupranorphine isn't strong enough. I'm in a slight state of wd al the time. Miserable but still grateful. Hoping this will level off soon.

Na, its real damn common nowadays. I know exactly the feelings and everything that you described. First and second time i tried to switch from Fent to bupe the same shit happened to me. 3 days nothing the first time, started at 1mg an hour until i hit 16. Just kept getting worse and worse to the point where i was shaking like i had parkinsons, puking up bile and so sweaty i was sliding off ever surface i was on. Got naked at one point and my dick brushed up against a blanket and i blasted the most painful disguting shameful load ive ever blown. Couldnt take it after that. Called my dude up and blasted a entire bundle when he got there. Stopped shaking, puking and sweating but still felt horrific. Exhausted to the point i passed out for 16 hours or so. Tried again a few weeks later, same kind of shit except i waited 5 days this time. Ended up in the hospital because i was vomiting so much i had blood coming up. ER just stuck me in a suicide safe room and kicked me out the next morning. Guess who picked me up and fronted me a brick from the hospital? Dope man. He was real concerned. This is way a lot of places are starting to use the micro induction thing if people need it. Im doing it right now, prolly slower than i really need to but ill go as slow as i have to to avoid that shit. I started at .1 mg once a day then .1 twice then went to .2 etc. Up to 4mg and still using on top but stable. Eventually ill get to 16 and hopefully be fine to stop there. I Feel you though, im pretty sure it has something to do with buprenorphine filling the receptors but sinces its only a partial agonist it doesnt have the same effects on your opiate receptors that full agonist does. So pretty much your receptors are full but not getting the "tickling" that theyre used to.