• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe and klonopin??? help?

pahn

Bluelighter
Hi all. I've been on suboxone maintenance for two years in the past(16mg daily), at the same time i was also prescribed 2mg klonopin per day and 1mg ativan as needed for my generalized anxiety disorder. I had EXTREME anxiety issues. i managed to overcome most of my anxiety issues, i lost my insurance so i couldnt afford my scripts so i somehow managed to get clean off the subs and benzos, then relapsed and two more years later here i am back on sub maintenance. i like subs and all, but my anxiety issues have been getting worse and worse and the sub doc i have now tells me that its highly unlikely for ANYONE to be prescribed subs and benzos anymore. Supposedly the medical community found that it is dangerous because of respiratory depression and other harmful effects. I told him i was taking fairly large amounts of benzos the two years prior when i was on subs but he said i'd have to go see another doctor and make damn sure i needed to be on them since it is such a risk. anyway, yesterday i had a strange "attack" that damn near killed me. i was so dizzy i could barely stand. it was like a BAD panic attack but with EXTREME dizziness added so i went to the ER and the doc basically said he didnt know what the dizziness was all about, but he saw my history with GAD and he said i needed to go back to a doctor to get put back on something to help with my anxiety and he gave me a weeks script of .5mg klonopin. im 99% sure that the klonopins that i took for years were 2mg, maybe 1mg at the least, but anyway i'm thinkin these things arent gonna do shit to me since i was used to taking higher doses, not to mention his directions were to take HALF of a .5mg klonopin...yup...thats right .25mg klonopin every 8 hrs only as needed. i thought this was pretty weak you know, so today i woke up and didnt take my normal dose of subs(i usually snort my subs, i usually snort 4mg in the morning and 4mg at night) i decided to not take my morning sub and just take the klonopin just to be on the safe side since i had to work all day. i popped .75mg of klonopin at 10AM. at around 11:30 or 12 i started to feel a little bit dizzy, but nothing too bad. it did seem to "take the edge off" anxiety wise. i was actually pretty relaxed the rest of the day. I got done with work, took a shower, and snorted my 4mg dose of suboxone. Immediatly after snorting the sub i started to nod out. not like a fucked up trance methadone nod...i was just straight falling asleep standing up. its been almost 3 hours now and i find myself having to litterally TRY to keep myself awake. my eyelids just feel rly heavy and whenever i close my eyes i can feel myself start dozing off. im startin to get a little worried...i mean i DID take 3 times what the doc told me to take, but i figured it wouldnt be such a big deal since i used to take way more kpins that that, as well as being on twice the amount of suboxone at the time. right now I'm at about the 11 hr mark from when i took the .75mg of klonopin. I really want to go to sleep, but with all this "fear hype" of the dangers of mixing bupe and benzos its really starting to get to me. I dont seem to have any other alarming symptoms other than being really tired and a bit dizzy. Normally in this situation i would just stay up and wait out the half life of whatever it was that i took, but i did some research and couldnt believe my eyes. Is it really true that kpins have a half life of 35 hrs?! thats fucking crazy! how are you EVER supposed to work them out of your system? wouldnt they just keep building up day after day? but anyway, i just want some straight up advice. do you guys think i'm gonna be ok? should i stay up as long as i can? when is it safe to go to sleep? is there anything i can do? thank you guys so much for takin the time to read my rants, you guys are literally life savers!

You'll be ok with what you took. Go on and get your rest.

In a tolerant person, if the benefits outweigh the risks, it's ok to take therapeutic doses of benzos with Suboxone. However, irresponsible doses related to a person's tolerance is what leads to death.

Sorry pbuilder!
Thanks d1ahp thats what i was thinking, but i just needed some assurance. i mean i know that mixing benzos and methadone is WAY worse and while i was on methadone maintenance(90mg) i was recreationally taking upwards of 4-8mg xanax all the time and never had any issues. mixing shit has ALWAYS scared me tho so i always like to start slow, and take every precaution possible. like i said its almost been 12 hrs since i took the kpins now, but it just worried me how immediately after i took my sub i couldnt keep my damn eyes open. i just keep finding myself with my eyes closed half sleeping having fucked up daydreams. i guess i'll just wait another few hrs and get some sleep. looks like i wont make that jump to .75mg again anytime soon. i actually still have a full bottle of .5mg xanax which i've had for months, but have been too damn afraid to take! the only reason i took the kpins were cuz the doc said it was ok. i didnt get many and i was actually planning on switching over to taking the .5 xanax when i ran out of kpins but im not so sure now...are xanax more dangerous than kpins wit bupe? i just like xanax better because of the faster onset. again im not looking to get fucked up by any means. im just using benzos for anxiety purposes alone. thanks for all your help!

i took .25 xanax/clons with 1mg sub 100s of time, but i bet a 8mg wstrip and a 2mg bar might put you in a coma

I have taken an 8mg sub did meth and took 2mg bar to sleep and was fine. HAhah