• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe bupe 16MG to 12MG difference? you think there is anything!?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I was using 12MG for the past 3 months and suddenly jumped back 16MG over the last week or so; based on pure laziness.

do you think there is really a difference? the 4MG swing at this level is really nothing I feel.

anyone else think thins? I am going to get back to 12MG over the next week or so and see if I can see anything different.

I didn't feel any change until I got below 2 mg, I actually felt best between 4 and 2 a day

yea intresting everyone's different... I've been on and off for years. most commonly I use 12mg a day or 8mg sometimes, sometimes 16mg. but usually it's all in my head after 8mg. unless I space out the 12mg 4x4x4 through a long day. Never got down below 8mg. always just stopped or went back to dope. but sure I have no problem getting by on 4mg a day either though but will feel the extra 4 to equal 8 at the minimum

It's kinda like methadone maintenance with me,what I mean is if you are on say 100mg of methadone for awhile you could jump to 120 or down to 80 and not feel much of a difference but if you start getting like below 40 mgs its hell. With subs its like anything over 8mgs(once stabilized) you can jump around up and down(4mgs either way) and not notice much of a difference but as op said you get down 2mg(me it's like 4mg) you will notice.

Ya the subs I noticed pretty much anything 8 mg and lower. For PM this was TOTALLY unacceptable, but for simple ORT it did just fine. But man, I was in so much pain I literally had permanent blood shot eyes with the veins in my fore head sticking out all the way. Like you could tell something was really wrong with me just by looking so starting the methadone changed my life.

Last edited:
I never noticed any different. I have to agree that It felt like it was working the best for me between 2mg-4mg. I would dose 2mg in the morning and 2mg after dinner.

Never noticed. Honestly 16mg feels llike 8mg to me, I was gonna ask my doc for an increase to the 12mg strips(same price with insurance, might as well get it, have more extra...but ya I cant tell a differnce between 8mg to 16mg once I was stabiized except more insomnia and constipation....

Most people do not need over 2mg for OTR, scam by big pharma.. For chronic pain, this is a totally different subject.

Most people do not need over 2mg for OTR, scam by big pharma.. For chronic pain, this is a totally different subject.
I agree with you somewhat,I mean over the long term that is probably true. I think in the beginning higher doses would be required and then bring you down for the maintenance.

Never used subs BBT but from what many have said there isn't apparently much or any difference between 16mgs and 12mgs, as long as you feel ok and not running around copping dope then that's where the benefits are man.

But to come back to bupe for pain, what's the story? Does it work well in comparison to say oxy? My tolerance to oxy is too high and I've considered switching to bupe but it must be a good pain reliever if I am to consider chasing it.

It worked a little for my knee and ankle pain. My RA due to hasimoto's disease was unaffected.

you guys can say all you need is 2MG to stay off the dope but my last sub test was 2012 and I went from 24 down to 4 in about 9 months (stayed sober). one I hit that 4MG mark I could crave like old days and all of a sudden was shooting a G a day.. again!

so I may increase and just take the full 8MG in the AM - or do you guys split? I always take full 12-16MG/AM and nothing till following morning.

I'd like to get down to 1 pill so I always have extras, ya know!? ha.