• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BUNAVAIL Questions/Comm! How long to dissolve? How long until I can smoke/eat/drink??

manny1979

Greenlighter
Hello! I was switched to 6 mg of Bunavail a day from 1.5 8mg strips of Suboxone that I had been on for 2 years b/c of insurance reasons. The first few days were terrible, cramping & sick, but my doctor told me to hang in there. I got through the month and it seemed that each day got better and now I feel close to the same as when I was on Suboxone. However, if my insurance covered Suboxone, I'd still be on it. Am I the only one that the thing takes over an HOUR to gum up and dissolve in my mouth? I was told not to poke it or mess with it with my tongue, so it just seems to stay and stay and stay!

Smoking.....although I need to quit, I am a smoker, and I want to smoke when I want to smoke! My doctor has gotten on to me, he says no nicotine 2 hours before dosing and AT LEAST 30 minutes after dosing .. so is that 30 minutes after the hour it takes for the thing to dissolve?? 30 minutes after I put it in my mouth? I don't want to jeopardize the absorption b/c of a cigarette, but would like to know the TRUTH about the nicotine and constricting blood vessels affecting my dose.

I cut my 6 mg strips in half, corner to corner so it looks like a triangle and I swear it works better, with the pointed side down and the long side sideways (parallel with teeth) so they don't tear it off. When I put the whole thing in my cheek it bunches up and doesn't stick well, peels off at the corners. Also, it seems to last longer when I can dose the second time in the day. Is that all in my head??? Maybe.

I want to know also how long before I can drink something after putting the Bunavail in my mouth....I'd hate to think I have to wait to drink some water for an hour and a half just because I have this goop in my mouth.

I appreciate any comments and experience people can provide :) I do know that since getting on bup my life has changed tremendously for the better. It keeps me focused on life instead of chasing the mythical dragon.