• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bulletproof Vest for Concerts?

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
This is gonna sound strange... but...

I can't attend rock concerts. It's just too painful and uncomfortable. Why? The bass always upsets my chest. I feel it resonating all over the place, especially my lungs and around my heart, until I feel sharp pains and feel *extremely* uneasy. I simply have to leave the room in order to feel okay. I am very skinny and I have a very deep, resonant voice, so that may have something to do with it. Either way, I want to remedy this, because I love the energy of these concerts.

I was thinking maybe a thick, rubber barrier between me and the music would help. Like a thick shirt I could wear. Would a bulletproof vest be the solution? Or maybe some other option?

I'd like a second opinion.

wouldn't help any more than standing further from the speakers would

well that sucks. sound is kinetic energy so typically sound-deadening mats are thick and heavy materials. i guess you could make a poncho out of brown bread but you'll end up sweating like a mofo

well that sucks. sound is kinetic energy so typically sound-deadening mats are thick and heavy materials. i guess you could make a poncho out of brown bread but you'll end up sweating like a mofo

I feel like I would end up eating that. Especially if it's this stuff:
brown-bread-canned.jpg

is that bread in a can??

definitely not what I expected from the title.. anyways, OP, have you mentioned this to a doctor? I doubt it is anything but maybe he might be able to give you further insight.. I can't really think of anything to block the sound from your chest.. bass has a tendency to resonate through most everything, probably the hardest part of sound proofing is the bass.

i would say see if you can drink it off, but it might be a better idea to make sure it is not something related to a heart problem ro something strange like that first..

If the bass could crush your lung it must do other things too.

I wonder how many women orgasm at bassnectar.

hahaha... yeah, bass is powerful. It's like a tool that can do harm or healing depending on how it's used. For example, I would play didgeridoo at people and they said they would "feel it in my bones."

There are also some crazies (said lovingly) on the internet who think that the reason cats (wild and domestic) don't get arthritis is because the vibration of their purring/roaring has bone/cartilage-mending properties.

And the destructive shockwave from bombs are essentially a soundwave.

I haven't been to any concerts in quite a while, but I actually like feeling the bass "punch" your chest and rumble your insides. Not in a sexual way tho because that would be weird.

This thread made me think of this...

Last edited:
don't use kevlar. you could make a suit out of foam and drink cupholders (awesome cheapo sound proofing for bands).