• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Bulletproof coffee: Has anyone tried it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
Never been a big fan of heavy uppers like coke or meth, but I need a daily dose of caffeine at least. So just how much stronger is bullet-proof coffee than regular coffee and is it worth buying all those pricey ingredients? Too much stimulation isn't my cup of tea. I drink every weekend, smoke weed and take opiates daily, so that tells you where I stand as far as stimulants go. Coffee is as far as I go with that.

Last edited:
I have to say this prompted me to do a google search and came up with this article, which seems to think it's a bunch of bullshit. Coffee is nice, but that's all it is (well coffee, MCT oil and some butter). It sounds like everything else is a marketing scheme.

I've heard of this coffee company before.

It's just regular coffee, but they try to market it so you will buy the coffee and yak butter from them.

If you really want strong coffee with a lot of caffeine drink a light roast coffee, and put some roasted yerba mate in with when you make it via pour over with filters, or even cold brew. Or get a moka pot, fill it all the way up with light or medium, or dark roasted fresh ground coffee and drink all of it.

Last edited:
Forget that shit. Get yourself an aeropress (like thirty bucks on Amazon) and brew a light roast through that. One cup usually gets me going in the morning, three or four and I'm jacked to the high hills. Heavy caffeine drinker here.

I used to drink bulletproof coffee hoping for more sustained energy in the morning and I found no difference between the bulletproof version and regular coffee.

First, the amount of caffine is the same. Bulletproof coffee doesn't have anymore caffine than regular. Granted, I didn't purchase the actual bulletproof brand, but I used organic coffee, organic MCT oil, and organic grass-fed unsalted butter. The premise is that the fat should low for a more sustained release of the caffine, along with the fact that your body needs certain fats to function properly.

While it didn't taste bad (surprisingly), I didn't notice any difference other than the fact that I consumed 400 calories before I actually ate any solid food. I'm short and I only have 1500 calories a day to work with if I want to remain at 110lbs. I did not have any extra energy, not did the caffine effect me longer. I drank this every morning for a month to give it a chance. It did absolutely nothing different than an ordinary cup of coffee and seriously skewing my dietary macros meaning I essentially couldn't have any other fats the rest of the day.

Unless you don't like eating and need to gain weight, this is a waste of time. Go with Priest's suggestion.

Well I gave it a try. No significant difference other than it gave me a wicked case of the sh*ts for like a half hour. A lady at the grocery store overheard me mention it and she said it worked for her, but kept her on the sh*tter for a few days. Thank goodness it didn't hit me that hard. I guess taking painkillers on a daily basis helped balance it out so that I didn't have diarrhea for 3 days straight, as opiates can and will constipate you.

I'm going to close this thread now that it's been established that bullet proof coffee is just coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.