View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bufotenine and side effects

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
I am doubting whether i want to try it because i don't like dmt either. I would sniff a small amount but i hear the side effects are much harsher in any other way of administration than while smoked...I'm lost..

Your thoughts?

I found it to be quite nice..
Did it during a ayahuasca ceremony though so the effects were probably different cause of the maoi.

I did it in the form of yopo snuff, it had a very heavy body load and was very visual.
Dmtish fractals but different.
No real nausea but my body got very heavy for about 10mins.

And compared to nndmt it had barely any mental effects.

Vaporized, the effects are lushly visual but that's about it. Apart from some stoning and blunting, there's no headspace shift. It's a little bit sedating imo. There is no sense of being transported to other realms as with DMT. The side effects can be pretty unpleasant / intimidating for some, and not everyone reliably gets the neat visuals. I have to steel myself when I smoke the enhanced leaf to push past the side effects, knowing that for me they're all bark and no bite

I've heard that insufflation produces a richer, more rewarding experience, but snorting 5-HO-DMT dad always sounded way too painful to tempt me to take a chance on that ROA.

I used to sniff lines of ketamine mixed with 2c-t-7 because snorting 2c-x's alone hurt way too much, wouldn't this be an interesting way to use it as it is a quite short experience, right? and most likely take away some bodyload issues.

I smoked bufotenine one time and it was the only time I ever had a psychedelic body load so horrendously uncomfortable that I was nearly completely convinced that I was about to die from that alone, no psychological component adding to it because there was no headspace other than a mild feeling of dissociation. I like challenging myself with drugs, salvia is one of my favorite things ever, but I don't know if I could bring myself to go through that one again even knowing it should be safe, it was just far too unpleasant to be useful.

It's a shame because the sometimes-repeated claim that it can be even more visual than DMT was true for me, and I think I would have to say that it's the only psychedelic I've taken that visually surpassed DMT specifically using DMT's same sort of style, rather than something more unique and distinct. It obviously has the potential to be incredible in some ways if and when you can manage to enjoy it. Personally though I think I'm probably good sticking to oral 5-MeO-MiPT which does metabolize into 5-HO-MiPT, and honestly does have a pretty bufotenine-like trip for me when I manage to get the psychedelic effects to hit just right and hard and still has significantly less body load, and I still honestly think it might surpass DMT visually in some ways. But it ain't exactly bufotenine still of course, I'd still use that again if I could get around the body load myself.