• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bromazolam wont dissolve?

darkstar51474

Bluelighter
Hey so I have a decent amount of experience concocting different solutions of diff chems. Clam, etiz, alp all dissolved with 3-5 hot water baths (30 mins each bath) with vigouros shaking inbetween.

This bromazolam however is simply not dissolving. Im at bath number 6 and there is still many visible chunks. I put 100mg into a 50ml of grey goose vodka. Usually this works like a charm. Should I maybe add a slight bit of water?

Adding water will make it worse. You likely need to add more concentrated ethanol or start from scratch with PG/VG

Hey so I have a decent amount of experience concocting different solutions of diff chems. Clam, etiz, alp all dissolved with 3-5 hot water baths (30 mins each bath) with vigouros shaking inbetween.

This bromazolam however is simply not dissolving. Im at bath number 6 and there is still many visible chunks. I put 100mg into a 50ml of grey goose vodka. Usually this works like a charm. Should I maybe add a slight bit of water?
You need DMSO

20mg/ml iirc DO NOT quote me on that.

Adding water will make it worse. You likely need to add more concentrated ethanol or start from scratch with PG/VG
Or dmso

which needs to then be dikuted 50:50 with water

oure dnso and drug is too thick. You want to dissolve it. It will hurt badly if missed

Have you figured this out??

I can get pure bromazolam powder cheap. But if i can't dissolve and safely volumetric dose it then there's zero point.

I know its not healthy. But in a pinch I would use rubbing alcohol to make a 10mil solution of tiz, always worked fine.

I got my bromazolam into solution in 2mg/mL of PG. I had to use hot water baths and shake, shake, shake. Repeat ad nauseum. It took hours of doing this. I still had particles floating around and it was cloudy. I went to bed and let it sit, shook it up in the morning, it was much more dissolved. Applied some more hot water baths, and later that day it was a perfectly clear solution. it seems to take forever to get fully into solution but I did it, with some time and effort.

Etizolam is a breeze... when I get a gram, I use 500mL of PG water in a hot water bath until it's hot. Pour the etiz in there, stir for a couple of minutes and it's fully dissolved, piece of cake. Bromaz is much more difficult.

I've got a gram of bromazolam on da way. Have both PG and dmso on hand. I'll probably use pg and shoot for like 2mg/ml based on what @Xorkoth said. Just frustrating because it sounds like it's a bit difficult to get dissolved, not as easy as etizolam.

If I add a little dmso to the pg will this help Or would this be more problematic? For example I don't know yet if pg and dmso mix well without separating. Anyone know? Or am I better off just using only dmso, and if so, is it safe to drink in small amounts like 1-2ml worth per day?

thanks

To be honest I do not know, I've never worked with DMSO. If you do it, let us know how it goes.

It is annoying to get into solution with PG, but doable. I have heard that high proof alcohol (like Everclear) works better than PG to put benzos into solution.

I'll see how it goes. I may just go with pg and try for only 1 or 2mg per ml but if its acting stubborn af I may experiment with the dmso, just need to do some more reading on it first.

I live in CA so the highest proof drinking alcohol available is 153 proof I believe. One of these days I'm gonna have to grab a bottle of the really high proof stuff (190?) next time I'm out of state.

This post is for anyone interested but I'm tagging @Xorkoth since he said he would be interested in a follow up:

Received Bromazolam yesterday. Very lovely pink/orange colored powder with fine sandy like appearance . Almost looks like it would be delicious to put directly in my mouth, like some kinda of candy (don't do this obviously!)

You guys are right, this stuff is damn stubborn when dissolving in PG. I tried making two different solutions for a side by side comparison, both at 2mg/ml: one in PG and one in dmso.

The dmso fully dissolved the Bromazolam to a crystal clear solution in about 40 minutes. I tried just shaking it occasionally for the first 20 minutes and while this was helping it was still a slow process... so slow I'm not entirely sure any progress was actually happening. Then I put it in a hot water bath (probably more accurate to say warm water bath since it wasn't too hot) First shaking after 10 minutes in the bath produced a much clearer solution, just a couple stubborn specs still zooming around. By the second shaking, which happened after another 10 minutes in the bath, and it was crystal clear.

I think If one were to immediately go to heating/shaking/stirring after adding the Bromazolam to the dmso then they could probably cut the time down to within 10 minutes or so. Maybe even down to within a couple of minutes if the powder was ground as finely as possible first (I did not grind my mine down before adding it - just added it as it was) and then added to dmso that was already heated up nice and hot.

The PG solution, on the other hand, is taking forever. Tried the same exact procedure as with the dmso but the pg solution only produced marginal results by the time the dmso one had cleared up.

Then I left the pg one sit over night for 12 hours and in the next morning there was still noticeable sediment at the bottom and it looked like a damn snow globe when shaken. Now, 24 hours after it was first mixed, and it still doesn't look much better then it did this morning - but I hadn't done much too it s today, so it's just mostly been sitting idle at room temp all day. I'll give it some more proper hot water baths and shaking tomorrow, I think with a proper hot bath (not just warm) and some good shaking it'll finally dissolve completely.

So, dmso is definitely easier to work with for sure. Doesn't taste too horrible but PG tastes better to me. I actually kind of like the way PG tastes since it's kinda sweet and now it reminds me that sweet relief is coming (from the association created from my previous experiments with etizolam). DMSO, on the other hand, kinda has a sorta weird woody taste with kind of bizzare bitter/tart aftertaste. It also seems to creat a warming sensation in the mouth. Not disgusting nor pleasant. If I had to dose a few ml of it everyday I'd be fine with it but still would prefer to use PG if possible.

I'm not sure yet what kind of concentrations are possible using dmso to dissolve Bromazolam, if I get around to experiment more then I'll post back results that I find (unless somebody already knows?)

A downside to dmso is that it has a freezing point around 66°F (19°C) so you may have problems with it crystalizing if ambient temps are low enough. All you I have to do is warm it up and then shake it again from what I've heard.

Dmso is also more expensive than PG, at least it was for me at the places and at the volumes at which I bought them. I'll avoid direct price discussion but I got what was claimed as 99.8% USP Grade PG from a reputable vendor that offers such supplies and related accessories. Dmso does not seem as readily available but still can be found easily enough with an internet search. Since this is an harm reduction item I feel comfortable saying I bought it on Amazon and even managed free next day shipping via my prime membership. The dmso is claimed to be 99.9% pharmaceutical grade with no odor, as far as I can tell their claims seem plausible.

However ml per ml the dmso was about 10 times more expensive then the pg was for me. So I'm thinking of running of a few experiments where I try to see if a mix of pg and dmso can result in a something that'll make it easy/quick without having to use too much of the more expensive dmso. I'm hoping something like a 7:3 ratio of PG to dmso would work but I suspect it's probably going to need closer to 1:1 to make a substantial difference. My initial hope going in had been that even small amounts of dmso added to a pg solution would be enough to drastically improve solubility for the Bromazolam but I have my doubts that this will be the case.

I also still need to give high proof ethanol a try. I did some research and the best I can hope to buy here in California is only 151 proof. Not sure what kind of concentration I could get with 151 proof, but i would prefer to get atleast 1 or 2 mg per ml.

A quick and easy way to get 10mg/ml would also be nice to have. Perhaps it's possible in dmso or very high proof alcohol, more experiments needed.

Wowzers! This stuff slaps pretty good. Keep in mind I have only very rarely used benzos over the last 25 years ( 25 years is the length of my drug using career, not my age), and so I have never really developed a tolerance to them. Also haven't used any of the crazy potent and just downright crazy ones either like conazolam). But this stuff, even at like 0.3 - 0.4mg hits me pretty damn good and then just winds up knocking me out hard once I lay down. To the point where my wife expresses concern the next day cause I was 'sleeping way to hard/deeply'.

Glad I have it but don't see myself using it more than a few times a year.

meh, sorry, this thread is about dissolving it. Still plan to run some more solubility tests in various solutions once I get the time. Interested in finding the easiest/quickest way to go about it, as well ideal and maximum concentration levels, since this one does seem to be particularly stubborn about dissolving even in stuff it's suppose to be fairly soluble in. So far dissolving in dmso does seem to be the easiest so far, though still need to source some really high grade (190 proof) ethanol to compare.

Wowzers! This stuff slaps pretty good. Keep in mind I have only very rarely used benzos over the last 25 years ( 25 years is the length of my drug using career, not my age), and so I have never really developed a tolerance to them. Also haven't used any of the crazy potent and just downright crazy ones either like conazolam). But this stuff, even at like 0.3 - 0.4mg hits me pretty damn good and then just winds up knocking me out hard once I lay down. To the point where my wife expresses concern the next day cause I was 'sleeping way to hard/deeply'.

Glad I have it but don't see myself using it more than a few times a year.

meh, sorry, this thread is about dissolving it. Still plan to run some more solubility tests in various solutions once I get the time. Interested in finding the easiest/quickest way to go about it, as well ideal and maximum concentration levels, since this one does seem to be particularly stubborn about dissolving even in stuff it's suppose to be fairly soluble in. So far dissolving in dmso does seem to be the easiest so far, though still need to source some really high grade (190 proof) ethanol to compare.
yea I ended up weighing out and capping out 2mg piles because I couldnt dissolve the mixture and didnt wanna buy a whole other gram. Probably will not buy again simply due to the insolubility......that being said bromazolam does slap the shit outta you and you dont see it comin but an hour later haha.

capped up in 2mg size 5 caps, it was phenomenal. still, I do enjoy the novelty of having a little grey goose bottle full of benzos haha

I've found most benzos dissolve very well in 95% ethanol (I use Everclear). Etiz the most readily (I make 5mg/1mL solutions) and then the rest a little less so but still well enough that I'm not getting drunk taking them with the ethanol. I'll have to try and put my bromazolam into some soon; my benzo tolerance is so high I've just been weighing out 5-10mg caps of it when I take it >.<

@Cream Gravy? when you make the everclear solution I'd be curious to know how it goes, just how easily and quickly it dissolves like what concentration you go with, how much time, heat and shaking needed, etc (since Bromazolam seems to be one of the more stubborn ones when it comes to dissolving in PG). Would have loved to try it myself for to compare to PG and dmso but my state doesn't allow the sale of such high proof drinking alcohol.

I make occasional trips out of state for work, gonna have to pick up a bottle or two next time I go.

Would have loved to try it myself for to compare to PG and dmso but my state doesn't allow the sale of such high proof drinking alcohol.
That's so annoying. I stockpile everclear so that if my state ever bans it I'll have a good amount. I also found someone who distills their own moonshine and befriended them so I doubt I'll ever have to worry about that lol. Gotta love country folk.

when you make the everclear solution I'd be curious to know how it goes, just how easily and quickly it dissolves like what concentration you go with, how much time, heat and shaking needed, etc (since Bromazolam seems to be one of the more stubborn ones when it comes to dissolving in PG).
I'll definitely report back, have a lot of stuff going on the next two months though unfortunately so probably best I don't do it now. IME using 95% ethanol doesn't require heat at all, simple agitation every once in a while seems to do the trick, at least with etiz and 3-ho-phenazepam. I dislike the idea of applying heat to any of my drugs, hell I'm so obsessive about preservation that I get miffed at my wife when she lets too much humidity into our bedroom from the bathroom -_-

although I am curious to try one more time as I have just aquired a magnetic stirrer that also functions as a hot plate. you would think 30 mins on that bad boy cranked half way up (around 180 degrees F) stirring at 800rpm would do the trick.

I've found most benzos dissolve very well in 95% ethanol (I use Everclear). Etiz the most readily (I make 5mg/1mL solutions) and then the rest a little less so but still well enough that I'm not getting drunk taking them with the ethanol. I'll have to try and put my bromazolam into some soon; my benzo tolerance is so high I've just been weighing out 5-10mg caps of it when I take it >.<
yes I have found most benzos dissolve almost instantly, and if not only 1 or 2 hot water baths and its crystal clear.

Even in pg heat is not always necessary, just speeds the process up considerably. I left some just sitting out after mixing with no heat and finally after several days it had all dissolved.

Heating it up until it's warm, or even up to close to the boiling temp of water for a short while, isn't likely to do much harm (if any) to most drugs