• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bringing marquis reagent

Most airlines will let you carry it on if it's less than 3.5 oz / 100 ml. Otherwise just make sure it's closed tightly to avoid spills.

Most airlines will let you carry it on if it's less than 3.5 oz / 100 ml. Otherwise just make sure it's closed tightly to avoid spills.

I am not sure if that would apply to something like concentrated sulfuric acid. The problem is its a bit inherently dangerous to have however, its not on this list:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/prohibited-items

But looking into it does reveal some unofficial lists that state "corrosives, oxidizers, peroxides" and things that would kind of make sense. Have you actually done it clocktower? just curious as i could see myself in the same situation as the OP

What exactly is "Check-in luggage"? Never heard the term myself, but I'd guess it means carry-on only and no luggage stored in the plane's hold?

But looking into it does reveal some unofficial lists that state "corrosives, oxidizers, peroxides" and things that would kind of make sense. Have you actually done it clocktower? just curious as i could see myself in the same situation as the OP

That's a good point, TSA does have a clause there to cover all bases. That said...

I have done it, and I fly often enough to be quite familiar with how TSA works in the USA. If you want to store a little bit of marquis reagent in a checked bag or carry-on, it is very unlikely to be a problem. Granted, my reagents are stored in ampules that are much less than the 100 ml maximum, but AFAIK most reagent containers are small in size.

What exactly is "Check-in luggage"? Never heard the term myself, but I'd guess it means carry-on only and no luggage stored in the plane's hold?

Actually just the opposite, a "checked bag" or a bag "checked in" is one stored in the hold. Sorry if my answer was a little confusing, since OP is referring to checked luggage while my answer refers to carry-ons. The rules for carry-on luggage are more strict (and more carefully enforced) than the rules for checked bags, so by saying that it would be okay to bring reagents in a carry-on I meant to imply that it would be okay to bring them in a checked bag as well.

Last edited: