• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Brief question about Xanax.

Suicxde

Greenlighter
Sorry in advance if this isn't in the best sub-forum, I just registered and I am figuring things out.
I've taken Xanax a handful of times, I know there is Memory Loss associated with this drug, but this to me was strange.

At around 9:15 PM a few nights ago, I ingested a 2mg bar of Xanax, with little to no tolerance.
I was having a good night, I have anxiety so, of course, not having any gave me a little bit of Euphoria.
I was talking to my girlfriend, being nicer than usual (I'm as nice as I can be 24/7, I know how being mistreated feels so I stay away from that path.)
I went to bed, and the next morning, I was still "intoxicated". I knew everything that was going on around me, but after 2nd period, I felt normal again.

1st period I had physics. We switched seats that day, and the next day I saw other people going to different seats and I had absolutely no recollection of it.
I remember the night I took the bar more than the morning after, everything taught in that morning was flushed down the toilet.

I've read around and I've heard you sober up within an hour or two, some places said max 6 hours, but I went to bed at 10 because I was tired, lesson was at 8:30, and that's well over 10 hours and the memory loss was worse.

Does anyone know if that's actually supposed to happen? Because that's never happened to me in my entire life.

With little to no tolerance, 2 mg was probably too high of a dose and that's why you still felt groggy the next morning. I've had memory lapses when taking Xanax, but not the next day after I slept it off.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try 1.5 the next time and see what happens.

It's appreciated.

OP, being that alprazolam is a short(er) acting benzodiazepine, I'd say it's a little surprising to still have experienced amnesia so long after dosing, but it's not an outrageous or unbelievable scenario. There are a lot of different factors that affect the rate of metabolism of different drugs from person to person and from instance to instance. Like you've already said, maybe taking a smaller dose next time will help you avoid this issue.

It's not like you were in danger or anything like that, but blacking out can be both inconvenient and somewhat harmful from a social standpoint. I was never good at Math and missing one full day of lessons would be enough to put a death nail in my grade for the entire unit.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my metabolism. Never really thought about that. Dosing lower is my best bet for now,

Have a good day