View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Breakthrough DMT dose for first time?

Wetrippymayne

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! This is my first post on the forum and I was wondering if there are any experienced users who could lend me some knowledge?. My question is, how many milligrams of high quality DMT does it take to achieve a true breakthrough experience if you have no tolerance? My friend has never tried DMT before but wants to try it this weekend. He only has 100mgs and doesn't want to waste it on smaller doses, he wants to have the full-blown experience. He has already created a "machine" for the occasion, so assuming this person were to vaporize the spice correctly, how many mgs should it take for a breakthrough? He was thinking about starting with 30mgs, and then increasing his second dose to 70mgs if it doesn't work. In this event, how long should the subject wait between doses? An hour? If it helps, subject is male, 140lbs, and has a great amount of experience with all kinds of drugs(has tried at least 25+ different drugs). Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks.

I broke through the very first time I smoked DMT at the end of a 2C-B trip. I smoked 35-40mg DMT..

But YMMV and the 2c-b might have contributed to the breakthrough.

Even though you only have 100mg, I would start with 15-25mg. If you like it, you can allways get more - but you can't ondo a trip if you didn't..

So would you say then that 35-40mgs is only enough to break through if you are on other substances? I'm not worried about being overwhelmed, in fact I'm expecting it to be overwhelming. I just don't want to be half in- half out because I have read its unpleasant and I don't want to scare myself out of trying it again.

You can break through off of 30mg if you're sensitive or are in the right setting.
The strength of the dmt experience can be very dependent on setting and mindset, and experiences users can train themselves to break through off of lower doses.
I would recommend 50mg, and take as many big hoots as you can until you enter warp speed and blast off into hyperspace.
Having someone there to grab the pipe/smoking device is definitely best.

I have read its unpleasant

it's not. ime dmt is the pleasurable in all kinds of dosages, but of course ymmv. in fact i think that the lower doses are much less likely to be unpleasant, because they still are controllable (more so than comparable doses of other psychedelics ime). i realize that most people dislike being half-tripping half-sober, but there's also a proper "tripping" state with dmt between sober and breakthrough. one good lungful of dmt (sorry, i don't measure out my doses) puts me well above the "tripping" threshold. also there's a sort of second threshold between tripping and breakthrough, which allows you to see beyond the colours into the "other side" without getting too involved - quite an interesting state imho...

My first dose was actually a breakthrough, the dose was 40mgs I believe. The thing with DMT is that you typically won't breakthrough on your first hit so if you really wanna break through you can add like 50 or 60mgs and take as many puffs as you can til your in hyperspace, if your smoking it right it shouldn't take more than 50mgs, especially if your intolerant.

My first dose was actually a breakthrough, the dose was 40mgs I believe. The thing with DMT is that you typically won't breakthrough on your first hit so if you really wanna break through you can add like 50 or 60mgs and take as many puffs as you can til your in hyperspace, if your smoking it right it shouldn't take more than 50mgs, especially if your intolerant.

This, and then after about an hour after your tolerance drops you have enough left in the bowl for a medium strength trip

50mg, then 50mg another day and breakthrough each time. Don't burn it!

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I will post a trip report on the forums after the experience for sure

Tolerance: Many users report needing to wait an hour or so between attempts to be able to gain back tolerance or to achieve the same effects. However, many people have reported negative/uncomfortable experiences; if habitually using DMT over and over again. Latent psychological crises can come to the surface; if unaware of life choices. PLEASE be educate Yourself on psychedelic substances.

Dosage : A standard dose for smoked N,N-DMT is between 15-60 mg [breakthroughs are typically 35-65 mgs]. This is generally inhaled in two-three successive breaths until the user is unable (or unwilling) to take another toke of n,n-dmt smoke [this is uncommon on light doses].

15 mgs : Rainbow auras around rays of light [star pattern effect]. A lot like a peak of a 200 mic acid trip. CEV seem to emerge the user further into the experience instead of keeping the eyes open. Very surreal / real at the same time. Increase in visual equity / ability to focus. Extremely profound intuitive experiences and goosebump type phenomenon. A feeling of connection, satisfaction, overwhelming gratitude, and pleasant vibes. VERY attractive CEV [compared to any LSD cevs]. An under water like cerebral head high with a twist of a psilocybin body high attached to it. [Some newbies find this effect very uncomfortable, depending on set and setting] ~ Entity contact is rarely reported at this dose. [breakthroughs are not possible at this dosage] ~ Level 2

25 mgs : This is considered a true dmt trip, however this is not breakthrough. ~Visual field becomes distracting yet entertaining. Some people report distant entity contact, especially with ClosedEyeVisuals. [this is like a 500 mic LSD trip]. CEV and OEV are extremely intense and profound. CEV are like watching the most detailed animated color changing blanket made of every design from every culture spontaneously altering its model and form. Audio hallucinations become very apparent along with a feeling of belonging. The ability to focus / navigate thoughts increases. The features, symbolisms, and designs presented in the experience go along with One's thoughts / personal life in the most profound ways possible. "Loops" and "thought dwellings" can happen, due to dmt's self reflective psychological effects [this can be extremely beautiful and/or this can be extremely painful]. Surroundings are enhanced along with meaningful synchronistic moments that seem to stick after effects wear off. ~ Insight to One's own lifestyles and behaviors. ~ Level 3 - 4 ~ The standard 1 - 2 tokes of n,n-dmt

35 mgs : ~ "Out of Body Experience" ~ Sensory overload / input; This is where things get powerful and kind of uncomfortable. Effects come on within the first 3-15 seconds. ~ Flower of Life fractal type visuals of any and every design/scale are presented, [OEV and CEV]. Loud / overwhelming ringing / auditory input. Profoundly vivid scenarios manifest Themselves within the self conscious matrix; unfolding personal identity and revelation. Entity contact is sometimes reported but not like 'breakthroughs'. This is always a life changing dose. Most can handle it quite well but this dose can scare people who have never taken a psychedelic drug before. ~ This dose is often reported as extremely thought provoking and sometimes even scary. Some people have reported breakthroughs at this dose, only due to smoking the n,n-dmt correctly/non wastefully. Most people do not breakthrough at this dose. There is typically a blending of both CEV and OEV. This can be a very intense experience for anyone. ~ Level 3 - 5 ~ - Effects last 10 - 15 minutes - very easy to skimp dose~ Obviously feeling DMT's effects.

45 mgs : This is where things get extremely powerful and sometimes unnecessary [steal YOUR face/initiative, sacramental, ceremonial expereinces]. ~ Near death type scenarios/experiences; ego loss is often described along with profound astral projections. Most people that intend to breakthrough at this dose, sometimes refuse to continue smoking because of the radical onset on the dmt's effects. ~ Divine intervention and profound memory lapses/recall. Reports of seeing heavenly gates, starscapes, vast open spaces, and treasure rooms. Most people report getting sling shot through a color changing wormhole while being guided by a mysterious, all knowing entity. some report nausea, depending on body contents. ~ Some people report visiting "god-central" or the control room of the universe. Angelic/demonic interaction is often encountered depending on set and setting. ~ Vivid landscape, real life scenarios, like flying over an ocean or being strapped onto a millennial falcon while flashing past, present, and future. Extreme emotional responses. Feeling of awakening for the first time ever from a deep sleep. The feeling of liberation and a state of understanding. [You are getting into strong-heavy entheogenic / sacramental territory] ~ Level 4 -5

60 mgs : Breakthough "3...2...1... Blast Off" ~ Extreme sensory overload / input. Complete ego loss and dissolving of self. Eons of vast/open timeless vaulted spaces. Encountering other worlds / realms. Chrysanthemum cathedral / corridor type backgrounds; like staring at a rapidly changing, kaleidoscopic stained glass mandala. Unbelievable amounts of vibrancy of color manifested in countless ways. Entity interference and divine intervention is always common. "Synchronicity" becomes to apparent, that One gains a whole new perception on not just the word 'synchonicity' but the definition of life itself. ~ The quality of the experience becomes so deep and meaningful that explaining it is simply ineffable. After effects is the feeling of coming back into One's body from an Out of Body Experience. This is literally like seeing Your spirit self float back into Your physical body. THIS IS NOT A DRUG... DMT IS A LIFE TRANSFORMATIONAL TOOL.

source: http://rollitup.org/t/n-n-dimethyltryptamine-dosage-effects-tolerance.947030/