• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Breaking through suboxone.

Woolybugger

Greenlighter
Anyways I have been on suboxone for about a year now. I am currently taking aprox 2mg every morning.
So I crashed my dirtbike yesterday at about 50mph and am pretty beat up broke my clavicle cracked some ribs and have numerous large cactus spines stuck on my right side.
The Er doctors as expected were pretty put off when I mentioned suboxone and although they did initially offer Im morphine I refused because I believed it would do nothing. It is a possibility I may have surgery but the doctors at the ER were on the fence about whether it was necessary. I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon in 2 days and keeping my fingers crossed.
I do have access and unfortunately alot of experience with gel fentanyl patches and was probably going smoke or gum some gel however I am still unclear if I I resume my 2mg suboxone dose Tommorow or the next day if I will throw myself into pw. I have heard from others that it can be possible to do this without entering pws. If I don't need surgery I would like to go back asap to subs but I need some type of relief. I understand there are no hard and fast rules on this but some input would be helpful.

If you are only taking 2 mg of Bupe a day, you can get very high off all their opiates, that's if you don't try using the opiate immediately after you took the 2 mg dose, give it a few hours after yes you will get high as a rocket. I want to warn you about Fentanyl, as you know it is a very dangerous drug and given the fact you are already taking buprenorphine adding fent. and I would only make central nervous system depression even worse
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe fentanyl can bust through Suboxone anyways regardless of how much you take
I never understood what was so appealing about Fent, it does not provide Euphoria like other traditional opiates it only gives me the pain-killing effects.

If you're going to take fent, you should wait 12 to 24 hours (24 to be on the safe side) before resuming sub. Fent has a very short half life so 24 hours should be fine. Anyway, if you take sub too early and end up in withdrawl, you can just take more sub. The trick is to take enough bupe to replace whatever drug was on your opioid receptors. People also use and are prescribed suboxone for pain, so maybe just take some extra sub instead of something else to relieve your pain.

Ps. I like fentanyl a lot, and find it to absolutely have euphoria. I think it depends on the person though. And what you consider euphoric. I find thst not being in pain any more as euphoric as well. Just sayin... lol

So I ended up smoking an entire 25mcg / hour patch split on two separate days with one day in between. I found that the fentanyl broke right through the bupe. Although I would say that it did take significantly more fentanyl than normal to achieve the desired feeling.
I redosed buprenorphine approximately 12 hours after the fentanyl. I had no ill effects from this and felt only mild wds before dosing and had the expected dull relief that suboxone brings. I am under the impression that the short half life and extreme potency of fentanyl Allows it to be dosed earlier than other opiods. All in all not sure it was worth it because while waiting to dose buprenorphine my pain returned full force.