• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Breaking the Time Release for Slow Release Morphine (Morphgesic SR)

Rybee

Bluelighter
Hi People,

I have searched both BL and other forums but not got a definite answer.

I've got about 25g of Morphine Sulphate SR (Morphgesic SR) and am trying to break the time release on them to probably be administered rectally due to the much higher bioavailability of it as opposed to ingested orally.

Some suggestions have been to just crush them up (not convinced this would work) but would leave them in a good state to administer rectally.
Other suggestions have said to leave them in a glass of coca cola for ~24 hours (I guess that could work) but would mean I'd have to ingest them orally.

I just hate the long duration of action that they have ~12 hours. It's sometimes just a bit too much. A shorter more intense high would be more favourable...

Much love, Rybee x

I've posted the method before. It works with every brand I've ever seen(morphine is my DOC, aside from H).

It's pretty simple, though I use it to IV. Give me a second and I'll post it.

That's buddy, really appreciate it.

Also if you could quickly answer my query here. I just don't trust many other people's answers!!

Here, I am pressed for time so I just quoted my answer to someone else:
Ok, first off, DO NOT HEAT THEM. All it does is expand the wax.

Secondly, do you have 3cc syringes? If not, you simply CANNOT INJECT THEM. It simply won't work, unless you do like half a pill at a time(and even that's iffy).

If you do, then injecting mscontin is ridiculously easy. Seriously, I don't understand why people have trouble.

All you is grind the pills up, into a VERY FINE POWDER. Simply crushing them won't work. They have to be at a very fine consistency. This will take several minutes, at least.

Once they are in powder, heat up some water, SEPERATELY. Now, add 3cc warm water. Stir it up, wait just 1-2 minutes, and draw through a thick cotton.

Then, just slam it. Note that, even with this method, you can only inject 2 tablets, at most. And 1 tablet is preferable. If you do use 2 tablets, filter twice.
(Obviously you should use a micron filter, but since you don't have them, and can't simply go to the supermarket and buy them, cotton will have to do.

With this method, it hardly gels, and it all gets trapped in the cotton. Seriously, you use 3ml of water, and with practice, you can get 2.7-2.8 back.

And for anyone who doubts the validity of this simple method, a university used this exact method(but with 4ml hot water) and extracted over 95% of an mscontin(2 different brands, if I recall) with 3ml, they we're still able to get roughly 90%. Yes it's crazy, a university did this, but they did! They even let addicts try it afterward, from what I understand!!!

Just ignore the part about IV. About your other Q, they're are exceptions, like methadone and DHC. But with most opioids it's actually slower.

Morphine I'm not sure about, but due to it's poor lipid solubility I imagine it would absorb slowly. I'll check later when I get back from store. Perhaps breaking the time release for oral use would be better???

Cool thanks - just gave it a try.

Had half a dozen 10mg MS Contin tabs left over so ground them up in a pestle & mortar until they were a very, very fine powder.

Added 5ml of warm water and it turned into a very gloopy mixture. Pulled as much of it as possible it back into the syringe and drank it.

Quite a lot of mixture left so had to add another 10ml of warm water, mix it all up, then took that all into the syringe and drank that too.

Seems pretty straightforward... just very surprised that the time release can be broken simply by crushing them up very finely.

Rybee, let me know how different the high is compared to just chewing them up & swallowing.

I will do buddy :)

Gonna jump into bed now and listen to some music now.

Ha! Yeah, fallin asleep will ruin any experiment:( But I meant to say, IV or not, you still need to use 3ml of water per pill. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure on oral use, because I IV exclusively(I'm a real genius that way, destroying my body) but, if crushed up ridiculously fine, I can't imagine how it wouldn't work. Yeah, amazingly simple, it baffles me that people struggle with it...

(Maybe later I'll refresh on rectal morphine, to see how that goes...)

PS: Rybee: Send me some morphine!!!! I'm desperate man, I'd kill for even 20mg in my veins ;)

Come on, what's the worst that could happen???

I did this method an hour after I slept 9 hours & I got tired & sleepy, lol!

I can't imagine using a needle........I probably wouldn't be able to keep my eyelids open.

Just tried it again now, will see how it goes, though I can't see why it'll be much different. As soon as I crushed the powder and added water in, it just gelled up very quickly and has been releasing very slowly ever since. So reading the thread you've posted I think I've identified my MS Contin as '#3 - The Dreaded Watson ABG Ms-Contins'* I really appreciate that thread, I'm going to give it a read and experiment a little. :) :) :)

(though ironically, they don't seem to be too dreaded and seem the easiest process of all. I'll do it now and write another trip report for yo buddy.

Last edited:
@TheLostBoys - Thanks for posting that!

I've read the three different methods and tbh I'm still a bit confused. First of, I'm not prepping for IV so it's a little different, and second I have no idea what type of SR mechanism my tablets are?

All of my MS tabs are 'Morphgesic' made by 'Amdipharm':
0012912_morphgesic_sr_tablets_30mg_60_pack_380.jpeg

As per the 3 guides, I can only guess that I have: '#3 - The dreaded Watson ABG Ms-Contins'...

I don't think mine are '#1 - The Endo Time Released Morphine Sulphate' because in no where does it say that these gel, and mine gel like crazy when wet.
I don't think mine are '#2 - The Mallinckrodts' because mine don't have a waxy coating, they're just like regular pills and crush up really nicely.

Therefore:
I do think mine are '#3 - The Dreaded Watson ABG Ms-Contins' because like the author of the thread states, they crush up nicely like a normal pill, but gel instantly when I add water.

So from what I gather:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I Will Need For Oral/Rectal Administration: NOT IV.

Syringe w/o needle.
A shot-glass (for multiple pills).
H20 with Added Salt.
No Candle Necessary

1) Thoroughly wash the coating off of the pills just using your hands under the tap.
2) Draw up about 2mls of salt water per pill.
3) Crush the pill finely (Ill use a pestle & mortar).
4) Place crushed powder into a shotglass.
5a) Expel the salt solution over the powder mix into the shotglass.
5b) Let this sit for 10 minutes.
5c) Draw it back up into the syringe.
5d) Repeat procedure

And then a few quotes from 'gh0ul'

"It's that easy...

For some ungodly reason the salt keeps the pill from gelling up! If you find that after it sits, it has gelled and is hard to draw up just add a bit more salt and mix, then draw it up.

You'll notice after you draw it up that you get a really strong morphine taste.

This is the only cold extraction method I've used where I can actually get that pin and needle rush from a small amount of morph.
"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So assuming that the MSContin pills that I've got are of these type, which they seem to be... it looks like I'm in luck. I've already taken ~200 MSContin but no Oxycodone so I think I'm gonna give this a quick go with about 50mg.

I just had a proper clear and count of my meds safe and I've got more than I thought. Aside from a small box of odd bits I've got brand new unopened boxes of:

120 x 30mg MSContin = 3,600mg
240 x 10mg MSContin = 2,400mg
Total MSContin = 6,000mg of MS Contin

100ml x 10mg/5ml Oral Morphine = 200mg Oral Morphine

112 x 10mg Oxycodone = 560mg Oxycodone

1 x 10.2mg Transdermal Fentanyl Patch = 50µ/h

28 x 30mg Codeine Phosphate = 840mg Codeine

60 x 25mg Quetiapine = 1,500mg Quetiapine

28 x 1mg Lorazepam = 28mg Lorazepam

112 x 5mg Diazepam = 560mg Diazepam

Bag of Etizolam = ~100mg (though I do have some Pharmaceutical Grade Etilaam manufactured by Intas on its way.)

Last year I was diagnosed with having quiet a bad case of a Pseudo-Opiate&Benzo addiction by my Psychiatrist who had calculated that my doses weren't adding up when I was renewing a script. I'd basically get as many drugs as possible and store them, for fear of running out of them in the future. I now it's stupid. I know it's irrational. I know it doesn't make sense. But it often means I don't take my pain medications as directed and instead store them away, almost to the point of a collection... the same for stuff like Quetiapine that's hard to get once I've been prescribed it. I literally keep them all locked away in a digital safe so nobody other than me can access it.

Last week I had terrible anxiety and had 14x1mg Lorzepam's in my safe but I refused to take it, because it would 'use the packet'... it's crazy I know. Psychiatrists see crazy people, and guess that's what I see a Psychiatrist!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I'm picking up some more MS Contin so I'm going to give this new time-capsule breaking. I'll write another report on it!

Last edited:
OK man........I know the link I posted was for injecting but I figure if it breaks the mechanism & allows for instant release, than it can probably be drank orally.......I haven't tried it yet. I'm assuming the oral syringe could also be used?

Rybee........you're from the U.K. so you probably won't see the brands mentioned in the link.

@Rybee: I forgot you are in the UK, the pills could be harder to beat there!!!

I almost always have the ABG's now, they are easy, you don't need salt. Salt doesn't help, seriously.

With every brand I've ever seen, grind it into a FINE powder, add 3ml warm water(you could use slightly more for oral use) and then quickly draw it into a syringe, through some type of filter(thick cotton will do) I can't imagine they're being any problems, I mean they aren't like those damn OP's.

I might get a few of those "dreaded Watson ABG's tonight, maybe I'll post an IV prep video to stop the salt nonsense!!!(they're 15mg though, so lots of trouble having to slam 4 of them!!!)

@Rybee: I forgot you are in the UK, the pills could be harder to beat there!!!

I almost always have the ABG's now, they are easy, you don't need salt. Salt doesn't help, seriously.

With every brand I've ever seen, grind it into a FINE powder, add 3ml warm water(you could use slightly more for oral use) and then quickly draw it into a syringe, through some type of filter(thick cotton will do) I can't imagine they're being any problems, I mean they aren't like those damn OP's.

I might get a few of those "dreaded Watson ABG's tonight, maybe I'll post an IV prep video to stop the salt nonsense!!!(they're 15mg though, so lots of trouble having to slam 4 of them!!!)

I tried your method Lorne but couldn't catch a rush......do you get a rush?

My tolerance isn't that high & I only use (1) 15mg Mallie tablet. It definitely works better for pain & lasts longer & the high is better as well, just no rush & I guess that comes with a needle which I hope I never pick up.........

Please someone chemically and theoretically explain If this would work. Now SWIMhad a cpl zomorph. 10mgs, 30mgs, it is, 120mgs all in. I heated 10mls salted butter until it was HOT. I left it still being heated for 10mins with the 120mgs of morphine sulphate,, the solution seemed to dissolve the best ive seen compared to other solvents eg (acetone) after swallowing the cooked solution (salted butter & MS) and SWIM felt very good within 20mins, it seems this simple efficient cost effective way, gave quite the dreamy nod feeling :), the day before, SWIM took over 300mgs felt slow this way was.very weak. Im not new to opiates/opiods an can safely say effect quite rubbish. But when cooked in butter SWIM felt much higher alot quicker. (hat itchy feeling you get from a sudden rush of morphine :) swimmers plz tell me what you think and enjoy. The great matrix minds couldn't beat good old butter!!! :). LEGAL DISCLAIMER DO NOT COPY ME AS I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO!!!

i dont think crushing is enough

Ha! Yeah, fallin asleep will ruin any experiment:( But I meant to say, IV or not, you still need to use 3ml of water per pill. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure on oral use, because I IV exclusively(I'm a real genius that way, destroying my body) but, if crushed up ridiculously fine, I can't imagine how it wouldn't work. Yeah, amazingly simple, it baffles me that people struggle with it...(Maybe later I'll refresh on rectal morphine, to see how that goes...)PS: Rybee: Send me some morphine!!!! I'm desperate man, I'd kill for even 20mg in my veins ;) Come on, what's the worst that could happen???
im not sure crushing is enough i did 8 time release 20mg and 3 hydromorphs 18mg ain 15 minutes and onlly goet a little rush i have high tolerance but that then yesterday i did 6 20s and no rush but up all night really high and dont rember much it seems hit or miss there must be a way to extract concistantly

IME with abg 60's it takes removing the coating, crushing, mixing with very cool water, 2-3ml /p then QUICKLY running through a prefilter. I use 8um lab filter paper cut into rounds that lye flat on the bottom of a 20ml syringe and have 2-3 cotton balls packed tightly atop. After this a nearly water like viscosity is achieved and is perfect for my .22 micron filter. If the prefilter is done right the syringe filter won't clog for several uses.

Careful as I've gone as high as 250mg and ended up with a histamine headache that would make one pray for death for nearly 15 mins. SLOW infusion is key. The prefilter contents can be eaten later as it contains around 10%.