• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Breaking 30mg morphine ER in half?

Alicia420

Bluelighter
Trying to kick a nasty Vicodin habit....again. Going back to school and my mind set is good just can't make it past the damn W/D. Anyway I've had success with using tramadol for a few days in low dosages to kick and pretty much get rid of WD symptoms completely. Problem is I only have about 3 trams and need about 10 to be successful. I do however have 3 30mg morphing extended release tabs. The purple pills. I've taken the instant release before. Halved 30mg pills and got a decent buzz. I have a pretty high opiate tolerance. I take about 1000mg/day of Vicodin = 10 10mg a day. I'm not looking to get a buzz as much as I am trying to get through these next 3-4 days of hell. I know the rule of thumb is that you don't mess with the coating on ER's but my friend is a big user like myself and she split the ER's in half and had a good time. Just making sure it's safe although I know no one can guarantee anything.
Thanks!

I use to crush up 60s and parachute them with no ill effect. If you only do half of a 30 and that's how much hydros you usually take you will be fine.

Forgot to ask, you said you took the instant released before. What mg and how did that make you feel?

I use to crush up 60s and parachute them with no ill effect. If you only do half of a 30 and that's how much hydros you usually take you will be fine.

Forgot to ask, you said you took the instant released before. What mg and how did that make you feel?
They were 30mg IR and I broke them in half so I was taking 15mg IR. I remember getting a good buzz and was pleasantly surprised. I could've taken the full 30 but it was my first time taking any sort of morphine pill so didn't wanna overdue anything. Appreciate the response.
So does cutting the ER in half essentially make them IR?

They were 30mg IR and I broke them in half so I was taking 15mg IR. I remember getting a good buzz and was pleasantly surprised. I could've taken the full 30 but it was my first time taking any sort of morphine pill so didn't wanna overdue anything. Appreciate the response.
So does cutting the ER in half essentially make them IR?
In my experience cutting up a ER essentially makes them an IR.

In my experience cutting up a ER essentially makes them an IR.
Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try. Like I said I know orally the BVA isn't all that great but I'm not looking to get messed up, just looking to get some WD relief when they kick in later today or tomorrow. I ate about 12 10mg of hydro throughout the day yesterday and hopefully my last hurrah although I've said that many times before.

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try. Like I said I know orally the BVA isn't all that great but I'm not looking to get messed up, just looking to get some WD relief when they kick in later today or tomorrow. I ate about 12 10mg of hydro throughout the day yesterday and hopefully my last hurrah although I've said that many times before.
15mg you most likely won't feel anything from it but you should get some WD relief. Best of luck to you!

Everything went fine. Feeling pretty good. It's the damn PAWS that's gonna get to me. I'm used to being on the speed that is Vicodin/Oxy. I'm used to performing like a speeding bullet. I get bored a lot that's my big issue. Been reading a lot though especially my days off work and class. Can't go back. Said it before but no drug is worth being so sick.
Thanks for the kind words Drock.

You're welcome and I'm glad you're doing good. I hope you can find the power to get off it and stay clean. I'm in the same situation as you, today is one week since I used my hydros/oxy.

You're welcome and I'm glad you're doing good. I hope you can find the power to get off it and stay clean. I'm in the same situation as you, today is one week since I used my hydros/oxy.
Congrats! I know how difficult even a week is. My withdrawals were relatively easy thanks to using the morphine. Like I said in very small doses and only for the first 3 days of WD. Today I am morphine free for two days and Vic free as well which is nothing but it's two more days drug free than I've been in several months. Got paid yesterday and I'll admit it was hard not to go score but the financial freedom I will have is so awesome. I get cravings but I've just come off the longest binge of my life. Just keeping myself as busy as possible and taking it one moment at a time, literally.

Two days is good! Everyday is one more step to being happy. I hear ya on the money. I usually go out and find some and end up blowing my whole paycheck. It's weird to have money.