View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Break time in between Trips

adolphhipster

Greenlighter
Hey guys just wanting to get your input on a good amount of time to allowed in between LSD Trips? Like a couple weeks or so? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
Personally, I think spacing out trips a month is best for a low tolerance and integration of the trip.

Having said that, I also have tripped 2-3 times in one month if my supply allows it, but all psychedelics seem to lose there "mystical" feelings if used this often.

That's what I was thinking. What if one where to use LSD once a month and then two weeks after use, Mushrooms are used. Would that be acceptable or just follow the at least one month break. Thanks again!

That's what I was thinking. What if one where to use LSD once a month and then two weeks after use, Mushrooms are used. Would that be acceptable or just follow the at least one month break. Thanks again!

From a (cross) tolerance point of view, two weeks should be enough, but as Ineffable14 alluded to, to the extent that mushrooms and LSD share a capacity to foment a certain kind of magic, this magic will probably be lost as if you were taking the same substance again. If only it were so simple! ;)

I only trip 1-3 times per year these days. The only downside is that not tripping very often has lead to hellishly intense come ups when I finally do dose. Taking a small starter dose helps tho imo

I can get away with 2 week breaks between use of any psychedelic. They all have cross tolerance for me.
Waiting a month is best though, the high from psychedelics isn't something you want to get "used to".

Amen Holy Toast,

Psychedelics really are "spiritual medicine" and not something to take just for a buzz. I am guilty of using LSD to get intoxicated simply because I wanted a head change for the evening, but the novelty of LSD is really something to cherish and you will have so much richer experiences the longer you space them out.

I would say that twice a month is probably the most frequent, but as was said, don't develop a "routine" or "get used" to taking psychedelics. There are so many other drugs out there that are very pleasurable and serve the purpose of intoxication and euphoria to enhance one's day. Psychedelics, and especially LSD is special. Respect it. Plan it out.

While taking it on a whim can be fun, don't do it unless you're experienced. It's my favorite drug and the only one I feel like I will take at least once a year for the next forseeable future.

Like 1-2 years for me. Usually do it like 3 times in a week... Wait a few years, and so on.

mescaline monday, tryptamine tuesday, wormwood wednesday, tiletamine thursday, fentanyl friday, suboxone saturday, sildenafil sunday.

I see no problems here, and easy to remember too

But seriously... I usually end up tripping 2 days in a row per week (my days off) and still manage to get where I want to go. However, I always end up taking more drugs than a tolerance naive would need for the same trip.

I trip a lot more often than should...but...I find that when I alternate between lysergamides, phens, trypts, and dissos...the tolerance seems to be mitigated a little but all are cross tolerant in myself

n,n-DMT does not seem to devolop tolerance short term for unknown reasons

Last edited:
And then there are the enigmas who do not seem to be affected by tolerance from psychedelics to the same extent as others^

While I can see the thinking behind spreading doses out, it has to be said that taking LSD/mushrooms weekly for extended periods offers benefits that irregular use can never offer. Particularly the anti-depressant effect that becomes very noticeable after regular weekly use over a period of several months. And it lets you swim out into the psychedelic sea and explore areas of yourself and the drug that arn't always noticeable when you're only tripping once every 6 months.

Depending on what I have in stock and what i feel like I go from weekly use for 4-6 months at a time to tripping once every 3 months.

My greatest trips don't seem dependent on frequency of use - my mood and other things like the weather seem far more important.

My greatest trips don't seem dependent on frequency of use - my mood and other things like the weather seem far more important.

mind over matter....the yogi masters trip on endogenous brain chemicals

And then there are the enigmas who do not seem to be affected by tolerance from psychedelics to the same extent as others^

I frequently don't have the magical/mystical psychedelic experiences like I used to when my brain was...fresher. But in this modern day, there are so many worthwhile psychoactive substances that switching up which drugs one uses on a regular basis is prudent (my substance therapist calls this poly drug abuse/dependence).

Last edited:
Personally, I think spacing out trips a month is best for a low tolerance and integration of the trip.

Having said that, I also have tripped 2-3 times in one month if my supply allows it, but all psychedelics seem to lose there "mystical" feelings if used this often.

I echo this as well. Some times when tripping weekly, it can happen where a trip seems to be stronger than expected. This is not the norm though, most likely the stars aligning %)

Tolerance can be deceptive, creeps up slowly and gradual reduced effects occur. I would recommend 3 weeks and stay away from 25x for these reasons.

I seem to be lucky in that any long term tolerance increase occurs very slowly.
I recently went through a period of using psyches 3/4 times a week and even after several weeks, dosage required rose only 10-15%. However, aMT definitely provided a massive short term tolerance in that redosing was pretty much ineffective after the first redose.

3/4 times a week sprout? Can't leave much time for doing anything but tripping and recovering.