• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

: Brazen heroin ring wore 'Bricks R Us' shirts

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
PITTSBURGH —

Federal prosecutors and the FBI say they've charged 44 people in a suburban Pittsburgh heroin ring that brazenly sold drugs while wearing t-shirts with the slogan, "Bricks R Us."

In drug parlance, a brick is a group of 10 stamp -- or individual dose -- bags of heroin.

“They were recognizable by the slogan they displayed on their T-shirts,” U.S. Attorney David Hickton said.

Hickton and the FBI said the group was supplied out of Newark, New Jersey, and sold their drugs in Pittsburgh but, mostly, in several of its south and east suburbs.

“The prosecution of this gun-toting, gun-trafficking conspiracy will disrupt a major heroin pipeline from Newark to our area,” a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Many of those regions are crime-ridden, but many of the deals occurred openly in Monroeville, a middle-class community about 15 miles east of the city known for a major mall and a diverse shopping and restaurant district known as the Miracle Mile.

“It’s kind of surprising because that’s not something you’d expect to see around (Monroeville,” Dennis Swogger Jr. said.

Patrick Fallon, an assistant FBI special agent, said the arrests resulted from a long-term investigation by the Greater Pittsburgh Safe Streets Gang Task Force.

The feds said several of the suspects remain at-large.

source: http://m.wpxi.com/news/news/pittsburgh-fbi-rounding-dozens-heroin-busts/nf9Bb/

Seems kinda childish. Makes me wonder how old the defendants are, I find it hard to believe "adults" would find humor in actually advertising their workings.

“The prosecution of this gun-toting, gun-trafficking conspiracy will disrupt a major heroin pipeline from Newark to our area,

No, it really won't

Last edited:
I usually just carry around a sign that says "drugs", not quite as catchy..

I thought it went bag < bundle < stack < brick

All done in multiples of 10 but I could be wrong

That's the way I've always heard it

It really depends on location for what slang is used. Don't they call bundles "jabs" in Philly? And they're like 12 or 13 bags not 10? I could just be remembering that wrong since I read it on BL a long time ago. I've only been to Philly once and I was clean then so copping dope wasn't on my mind.

There's a clothing brand in the GTA called Kush Diet, which I always found a bit ridiculous to advertise. Bricks R Us just brings things to a new level, especially for distributors, not consumers, to wear.

Its kilos not individual bags of dope bundled up. Bricks r us sounds like some shit every hood rat dealer would wear around here lol. What's next, I sell drugs the shirts?

That's the way I've always heard it

It really depends on location for what slang is used. Don't they call bundles "jabs" in Philly? And they're like 12 or 13 bags not 10? I could just be remembering that wrong since I read it on BL a long time ago. I've only been to Philly once and I was clean then so copping dope wasn't on my mind.

Jab is Chicago and I wanna say it's 14 cause I think a half jab has 7.

I wouldn't mind owning that t-shirt. Then again I'm not involved in a criminal conspiracy to distribute heroin either.

A bundle is ten stamp bags. A brick is ten bundles.

Fucking amateurs lol.