• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Brands versus CWE codeine otc.

_DankOpiAmp_

Bluelighter
I have been encountering the "(n)ratio-lenoltec" generic codeine with acetaminophen and caffeine lately. Now the life brand will make a beautiful light yellow clear solution when the pills are ground up, dissolved in hot water then cooled to jurist above freezing and coffee-filtered. This other brand which, indeed, is impressively cheap, always comes out cloudy when the exact same process is followed for a cold water extraction.

I figured the binders must be different and there is a bit of finer particulate after grinding that makes its way through the filters. Interestingly, if left in the fridge, the particles gradually form a fuzzy crystal structure that can make the solution (in a small, beaker-like shot glass at this point) almost opaque over the course of a night. I had filtered it twice over this time and got an absurd amount of precipitated powder/ crystal/ leftover suspension.

I was wondering what this might be caused by and if any other blue lighters have had similar experiences with different brands.

Is pure codeine phosphate dissolved in water meant to be yellow or is that the effect of the caffeine or acetaminophen? I have heard conflicting reports on this.