• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Brand Name Adderall Is Better Than Generic

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Well this may further fuel debate on why drugs can vary so much when they should be the same based on analysis or in this case a pharmaceutical which should be at least close to its original formulation.

I’ve been occasionally taking generic adderall for years. When I was a kid we had access to brand name and I was too fucked up on so many other drugs at the time I didn’t really see the differences.

Right after high school generics took over and I haven’t had a brand name since then. I usually take the orange capsules with the “mixed amphetamine salts” on the side. In the beginning 5mg would work but over the years 10mg was what I needed usually.

I use amp about 4-8 times a year probably so my tolerance doesn’t really go up. The effects off 10mg of the generic would last 2-3 hours and didn’t have a huge push.

Well I recently saw my brother and he tossed me two capsules of what I thought was still the old generics. I took them both over a few sessions and then commented to him the following...

“Man it’s like my tolerance lowered or something, those shows we went to i was still flying long after the music stopped when usually I’m down before it ends. I also felt like it was about 2x as strong.”

He was like..

“Yea it’s cuz they’re actually the brand name, I only need like half as much with these too.”

This doesn’t shock me too much. I’m very sensitive and aware to drugs and experiences after so many “bioassays” or unique drugs over the years, plus I’ve always had a keen sense of self.

I’ve felt this same phenomenon with brand name Suboxone vs generic but those times weren’t an unintentional blind test.

This issue between generic vs brand name Amphetamine seems to parallel the debate about MDMA, and my impression is that generic adderall is like the “mehdma” spoken of there.

Whatever the case I’m all about the brand name Adderall now. Took 2.5mg the other day after days of traveling scarfing down caffeine, Maca, adderall and cocaine to stay awake, and it somehow had me so jacked still I was able to be super man all day despite what shoulda been a decent tolerance building up. 2.5mg of generic would be a tease.

It’s like I’m trying amphetamine for the first time again... And I think I like it a little too much lol.

-GC

Maybe you are right, but branding and advertising definitely can cause the placebo of a better experience, in any product really. Would be cool to see a massive double blind study of two mdma's (or whatever drug is better in X form than Z) because I think if you had enough people in the study I think it could really give us a solid answer. I think my bet would probably be with the fact that drugs do just work differently sometimes based on age, experience, brain chemicals and expectations.

I don't discount the possibility though. I think we still have a lot to learn about atoms, molecules and drugs and I find it exciting (and a little worrisome) to think about how the same molecules could have different effects based on things we may not even understand yet. I found it quite interesting while reading the "meh dma" thread to find out that the two isomers of mdma had different effective dosages and effects, S being 4x more potent than R and I believe they attributed the more stimulating effects to S and the psychedelic to R. Haven't done mdma myself in years but it was generally fantastic and my first few times (the best) were around 2015 so I wont comment on how it is now though I bet with the wear and tear my brain has gone through it wouldn't be the same regardless of quality. A big thing with the mdma debate is how long has it been since you last used it, when I used to I always found it better the longer I waited, making it near impossible to recreate those first experiences, especially with the novelty that such an experience like mdma creates.

The blue ones with a cross on them are great (don't know them by their names :unsure:), and the white ones with an M box on them are my favorite.

Maybe you are right, but branding and advertising definitely can cause the placebo of a better experience, in any product really. Would be cool to see a massive double blind study of two mdma's (or whatever drug is better in X form than Z) because I think if you had enough people in the study I think it could really give us a solid answer. I think my bet would probably be with the fact that drugs do just work differently sometimes based on age, experience, brain chemicals and expectations.

I don't discount the possibility though. I think we still have a lot to learn about atoms, molecules and drugs and I find it exciting (and a little worrisome) to think about how the same molecules could have different effects based on things we may not even understand yet. I found it quite interesting while reading the "meh dma" thread to find out that the two isomers of mdma had different effective dosages and effects, S being 4x more potent than R and I believe they attributed the more stimulating effects to S and the psychedelic to R. Haven't done mdma myself in years but it was generally fantastic and my first few times (the best) were around 2015 so I wont comment on how it is now though I bet with the wear and tear my brain has gone through it wouldn't be the same regardless of quality. A big thing with the mdma debate is how long has it been since you last used it, when I used to I always found it better the longer I waited, making it near impossible to recreate those first experiences, especially with the novelty that such an experience like mdma creates.

Yea well I didn’t know I was taking brand name... I didn’t look closely at the capsule to see it was brand name and not the generic I’m used to. It wasn’t double blind but still single blind isn’t bad.

I only learned it was brand name after noticing significantly different effects, mentioning to my brother and him telling me they were brand name instead.

-GC