• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

BP/HR drop after weed

MindSeeker

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone has a reaction like this.

Last weekend I smoked a bit - really, a bit. The first hit did almost nothing and after the second one, maybe 10 minutes after the first one, I felt it, but it wasn't too much fun so I didn't feel like smoking anymore.

I smoke pretty energetic strains and my heart rate usually goes up to about 120. I looked at my Fitbit, it was 125. Minutes passed and I started feeling worse and worse. After about 15-20 minutes my wife looked at me and asked why I was so pale. I checked and my HR was 63. My daughter later checked my blood pressure and it was very low too.

I started getting derealization and axniety, I took a little bit of benzos but before they started working, In a few minutes, I passed out on the couch. It was something close to a seizure. When I regained consciousness I started feeling better, valium started working and soon the anxiety vanished, my BP and HR got back to normal. I was feeling good for the rest of the night.

I was wondering if anyone had somethinn similar. Now I'm scared to do weed at all and it doesn't make me too happy of course. I am wondering if I either ate before smoking (I ate maybe 4 hours before) or... smoked more... would this prevent my HR/BP to drop so bad?

In the past my HR was dropping gradually after smoking, so I knew if it was 100 or less it was either time to smoke again... or go to sleep... now my body is doing weird things and I wonder if it's telling me to just stop doing weed or there are ways to prevent this.

if you have a condition such as POTS or anything that already causes low blood pressure, then using cannabis can cause a sudden drop that means it will drop further in that you can experience fainting etc. The fact you didnt experience it from the first hit but it could also be the bodies reaction after Anxiety taking hold. You say a bit however everyone is different and 'a bit' might be enough to floor someone who has no tolerance . Cannabis doesnt agree with everyone
For me if i take breaks of months (sometimes i do i havent always used weed in the 10 years since i started) sometimes those first hits can really 'fuck me up' , but i blame that on me forgetting im not a daily user in those times and taking in way too much first time lol , hell people even say that the first high of the day is the strongest.

Whiteout? I've had what you described happen to me before. I had taken a break from cannabis for a few months and then flew back to a legal state where I immediately picked up a cartridge. I hadn't eaten much that day due to traveling and was probably dehydrated. A buddy and I went to a bar and had a little bit of food along with a few drinks (Revolution Brewing's Coconut Deth, 15% ABV). We went to an arcade and I felt a little spacey playing games. We then walked back to his place and I took a few tokes about a block before we got there.

I was standing in his kitchen and started to feel weird. I grabbed a bottle of water from his fridge, started drinking it and then realized, "I should probably sit down at the table". I started to feel really drained and put my head in my hands as I started to get tunnel-vision. My buddy asked if I was okay and while I heard him, I couldn't respond. I passed out for a couple of seconds and fell against the wall. I came to and he had already called 911 which I thought was totally unnecessary. Fortunately the operator asked him to ask me if I needed an ambulance and I said, "no". I was totally fine after that, but was embarrassed I had freaked him out.

I checked my Fitbit after coming to and saw that my heart rate had suddenly gone from about 145bpm down to 77 and then back up to 144. I assumed I had a brief drop in blood pressure that caused me to faint. I had no issues the next day when using the same cartridge other than getting really high due to my lack of tolerance. I used to be a daily smoker, so it's easy for me to forget how hard weed can hit you without a tolerance.

Anything that increases your heart rate like that can drop your blood pressure as well.

If it is dangerous for you to use cannabis because of this you should try not smoking anymore. But it kinda sounds like you have some other stuff going on too. Why are you prescribed Valium?

It's just , I wouldn't personally take Valium for low blood pressure, maybe for a panic attack.

I'm not you I'm also not your doctor. But kinda sounds if you don't need to use cannabis then try to stay away from it. That effect you described doesn't sound fun at all.