• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Body temperature and neural protection

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
Elevated body temperature is a significant factor in neurotoxicity of many drugs including stimulants. It has been shown that reducing the Core temperature protected rodent Briens against the neurotoxicity of amphetamine and cocaine.
I have an idea, although it may sound ridiculous it is purely theoretical and can be adjusted for real life application.
Imagine A person decides to use 100 mg of pharmaceutical grade amphetamine in one night. To cool down they run a bath with the water temperature at about 4°C. They remain submerged with only their faces showing for about 20 minutes. Then they ingest a moderately high dose of ibuprofen to help decrease body temperature. Also the room where they are staying has a temperature of 5°C.
Do you think this method or at least a modified version of it would work?
Do you think that adjusting temperature alters the psychological experience of stimulants?
I once heard that higher temperature increases dopamine and serotonin release caused by amphetamine, but if that is the case then cooling down might defeat the point of taking amphetamines in the first place, though personally I think there is more to it than that.
All your responses would be appreciated

Is this a joke?

I can understand why you thought that, possibly because cooling method sounded too extreme, but I do mention that in my post.
I'm just trying to make the point of how significantly reducing core body temperature would affect neurotoxicity.

Seems like a valid inquiry to me....

Thank you.
Do you have any ideas on this topic, doesn't matter if you don't, but I have a few questions if that's okay with you.
1 have you tried relatively pure or medical grade amphetamine, and did body temperature or temperature of the environment affect your experience?
2 do you think that drinking very cold water is a good way to cool down, and have you tried this, either on a normal day to cool down, or when using stimulants recreationally?
3 is it true that drinking cold water when you are hot is dangerous, or could this be an old mith?

As far as neurotoxicity I think you're good. You're second two questions seem like no brainers though. Yes cool water cools you down and no drinking cold water when your hot is not harmful. Seriously?

This is actually has the potential to be a really interesting thread.

I've done some really high quality shit. Like the best you can get. Lemme put it like this: high as fuck pouring sweat feels really good. Especially if you're doing sonething productive. Yes, I believe it probably does make a difference.

I've done some really high quality shit. Like the best you can get. Lemme put it like this: high as fuck pouring sweat feels really good. Especially if you're doing sonething productive. Yes, I believe it probably does make a difference.

Sorry can you just clarify, what is it that makes a difference, temperature or purity of amphetamine

Well both really. But even on normal quality stuff working up a sweat feels good.