• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Body temperature and kratom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyC

Bluelighter
Hello all -

My friend is partaking of some maeng da kratom tea with me this evening, and she is complaining of feeling extremely hot, almost feverish. She reported feeling this the last time we drank kratom tea as well. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any body temperature variations while on kratom. I personally have never felt anything like this, but she is very concerned about the possiblity of ill effects from kratom. I am not looking for medical advice or anything, just wondering about everyone else'e experience. It was good to find a substance we could enjoy without getting a nasty hangover or other bad feelings, I would hate to give up this simple pleasure.

Thanks, hope everyone is having safe and happy weekend!

C.

is the tea hot? maybe her body has an allergic reaction? maybe there is something in the kratom?

i never got that way from kratom, but i did get really nauseous if i took over 20+ grams

I have been taking kratom for 7 years.. it does tend to make me feel warm... i dont think there is any cause for concern..

one of my friends that has body temperature regulation issues reported that the first couple of times he tried it kratom made him feel hot and feverish. tolerance builds quickly and irreversibly to this effect though it seems

Thanks for the replies...

We both ended up getting violently ill and throwing up, so we actually came to think we may have gotten hold of a bad shrimp or two in the seafood cocktail we snacked on yesterday. At least I hope that's what it is, we are feeling fine this morning. I think we will lay off the kratom today just in case, though....

^good to hear, i guess? lol..... that sucks you got sick from spoiled food or a virus, but it doesnt suck that kratom didn't cause this!

That was the kratom that made you sick, likely. Food rarely causes you to violently puke. But kratom will cause it every time, if you are new and take just the SLIGHTEST bit too much

But that goes away with tolerance. I take kratom so often that I can't seem to get sick from it anymore, no matter how much I take. Then again I don't take over 7 grams at once. But when I first started, I'd get sick a lot on just 5 grams or possibly less. (I always eyeballed it)

Status
Not open for further replies.