• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Body shaking from weed

Min2DaysRecovery

Greenlighter
So I smoked a joint last night on my own, I'm not a regular smoker so I might have smoked a bit too much. I felt like I could not control my body at one point and that my balance was from another planet (kept on tripping on things and not walking straight). I felt tense in the neck and my body started shaking uncontrollably.
I knew it was the weed and that I was not going to die or anything, and I tried to be as calm as I could by riding it out. It subsided after an hour but I was still a bit high, zoning in and out.
Today I feel still a bit out of it, as if I'm still a little bit high. Is this normal?
How long does weed affect you?

It sounds like you smoked way too much. Eat some food, and drink some water in case it's related to low blood sugar.

This has happened to me a few times. Once, back when I first started smoking, we smoked a bunch of blunts. I didn't want to be a pussy so I just kept smoking even when I felt too high, and my hands were trembling for some reason. It wasn't unpleasant in my situation, but I can totally see how you would panic in that state.

Another time was pretty recently. A few friends and I were smoking. I threw up 2 bowls of decent quality weed, the 3 of us smoked it all with no problems. Then, one of the other two threw up a bowl. I smoked it, and all of the sudden it became an effort to keep still, my social anxiety skyrocketed and I felt as if I was constantly being watched by them while desperately trying not to twitch about. I think that weed could have been sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids or something, because all of my muscles felt like they were afflicted with restless leg syndrome at once, which has never happened to me.

For most people, THC absorbs into your fat and is slowly released back into your blood at a low rate after high exposure to THC. The next day, you may wake up with a "hangover" from this, although it usually doesn't feel negative, more like you just hit a bowl 2 or 3 times for me. You should be perfectly fine.

I can get this occasionally during a high, especially when cannabis is added,and it always seems to boil down to anxiousness. Whether its due to setting/circumstance or negative mental states, a lot of times it can be 'turned-off' just by thinking through why you're shaking. It's really weird if when im tripping or super stoned and i can discover the triggers and all of a sudden i find a sense of calmness. Then just proceed to continue to try to enjoy the high with peaceful vibes. Weed is still a psychadelic, and being super high can put you in that delicate psychadelic state were any little thing can set your body off, and most of the time its really hard to be aware of it.

It happens to me on occasion and I consume a lot of cannabis.

I think it's actually a result of cannabis dropping your blood sugar, quickly if you consume a lot in a short period. Drink some OJ or eat something. Walking around and getting the blood flowing will help too.

This use to happen to me all the time bro. Sometimes weed would make me really really nervous and anxious, and my whole body would be shaking like it was cold outside, very uncomfortable and made it hard not to look nervous af'. Sweaty palms, shaky knees, the whole 9 yards. The best tjing i know to do is sit back, close your eyes, and take deep deep breaths slowly. I feel for you and wish ya good luck stoner! ??

Most likely a panic attack. I have had full body tremors happen before because of laced bud that persisted an hour after a super euphoric rush. I am only confident it was laced as I drug tested myself after and it the bud was weird like it was covered in sand. Laced bud is hella unlikely though.

Thanks for all the replies, they were much helpful. Was just wondering if anyone with the same experience has felt a little bit out of touch with reality. Like a tiny bit depersonalised or derealisation feelings? If so, did this last for long or how long?

Yea ive noticed when i was smoking all day always high, when i wasn't high i felt a bit odd. Like not myself. Its a weird feeling to try to explain. Sorta just a dullness i guess

Yea ive noticed when i was smoking all day always high, when i wasn't high i felt a bit odd. Like not myself. Its a weird feeling to try to explain. Sorta just a dullness i guess

Yeah that's exactly how I felt. It's subsiding a bit now though. Suppose the brain just has to adapt back to it's normal state.

Was just wondering if anyone with the same experience has felt a little bit out of touch with reality. Like a tiny bit depersonalised or derealisation feelings?

Depersonalization feelings happen to me if I smoke a bit too much too fast, which causes my panic attacks while high. It can be a scary thing, but I like to just calm down and take deep, slow breaths if I start to have a panic attack.

I had a problem with my legs twitching really bad when I would get too stoned, my first 5 days smoking after being released from probation. I just started small, like taking 2-4 hits until I started to build a tolerance to the THC again. Have some bomb munchies on hand on case you pass your limit (eating levels me out)!! I sure wish the tolerance was even half as low as it was when I first started blazin again!! Hahahaha