• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Body Language Thread

I'm actually a great body language reader of women! How in the hell did you get a temporary ban?! I'm pissed Parappa!

Holding eye contact for over 5 seconds I feel like can make a guy come over and talk to you. Authoritative posture can make you seem more competent, or you can make your body posture threatening or aggressive. I do this bitch walk thing at night when I'm by myself because I've always heard that people that are mugged are often targeted because they aren't paying attention.

Read read read, chick only forums, pick up guides movies , just read read read

It never seems I can accurately interpret body language, especially female body language. Why the hell can't people just say what they mean? It's so stupid I can't believe it.

It depends what you want.... who you're talking to.....

This :D

After a few years you sort of learn how to manipulate the body language to get what you want! It does change - it can be really subtle, it can be full on obvious but ... after say 10 years together is sort of obvious.

We sort of have our own body language - would mean nothing to anyone else !

I think the body-(language) will do what it does on its own. It responds directly to the other body.

I think people these days are too awkward to make extended eye contact. They'd rather post a Facebook status and have the other person "like" it than actually make real life human contact. It's safe to say that if anyone makes eye contact for more than 5 seconds, they're worth talking to. Either they like you, or want to hurt you, either way, worth getting to know.

It's safe to say that if anyone makes eye contact for more than 5 seconds, they're worth talking to. Either they like you, or want to hurt you, either way, worth getting to know.

It's been the single most important factor in me determining when to approach a girl, it's basically saying 'I find you interesting/attractive, come talk to me'. You already know she's interested so your confidence will be much higher, from here what you say isn't so important as how you say it.. because your not trying to get her attention, she's already interested, you just need to express your intention through body language.

What do you mean?

That you'll do it by yourself without thinking about it. The other will then respond, stimulate you etc. If you do body language it will not be a respond to the other. It can work to some degree though I'm sure.

How would you know the "correct" body language? Impossible

That you'll do it by yourself without thinking about it. The other will then respond, stimulate you etc. If you do body language it will not be a respond to the other. It can work to some degree though I'm sure.

How would you know the "correct" body language? Impossible

you just get more experienced at producing body language that works effectively.

trial and error

I think people these days are too awkward to make extended eye contact. They'd rather post a Facebook status and have the other person "like" it than actually make real life human contact. It's safe to say that if anyone makes eye contact for more than 5 seconds, they're worth talking to. Either they like you, or want to hurt you, either way, worth getting to know.

I don't really think such a sweeping generalization could be valid, by dint of its many flaws.

First, you begin with the unfounded assumption that a lack of real-life human interaction causes or may cause difficulty with maintaining eye contact. The degree of one's preoccupation with activities devoid of direct human interaction (e.g., using the Internet, playing video games, texting) may be correlated with the degree of one's social awkwardness or gaucherie. However, which came first: the social crudeness or the obsession with impersonal activities? Social anxiety and many neurodevelopmental disorders are accompanied by an uncomfortability with eye contact and social interaction in general. Perhaps people afflicted with such disorders are more likely to engage in or obsess over these indirect forms of intercommunication than individuals not effected by the disorders. A possible effect of this would be the mistaken assumption that the social crudeness resulted from the social isolation, rather than that the social isolation was a side-effect of the preexisting social crudeness.

Second, you fail to take into consideration the cross-cultural differences in oculesics. In Western culture, people failing to make sustained eye contact are perceived negatively, and are usually considered dishonest, sly, antisocial, untrustworthy, coy, sneaky, unfriendly, disengaged, apathetic, etc. On the other hand, many other cultures regard eye contact as hostile, inappropriate, indecorous, aggressive, lascivious, impolite, invasive, disrespectful, etc. Thus, someone raised within the culture of, say, East Asia should not be judged or evaluated with the same standards as someone brought up within, say, a German or French milieu, insofar as eye contact is concerned.

There are several other flaws I find in your assumption that I think may be too insignificant to mention or discuss in detail. However, I'll comment on them if you'd like.