View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Body Aches/Cramps with LSD

sunnybear22

Greenlighter
I know everyone experiences some kind of body pain while tripping on acid--jaw pain, back pain, muscle soreness in legs and arms, neck stiffness, etc. But the last time I tripped I took 3 hits of acid of normal potency, and the visuals and mental effects were the strongest I've experienced (and pretty awesome at that), but the entire time my neck hurt SO bad. It was right where my brainstem connects to my spinal cord, and I could hardly move my head or get comfortable. I went swimming in a cold pool for a little, and that helped a ton because I didn't have to hold my head up anymore lol but I couldn't do that for long. It just made me really irritated and every trip is similar--the pain in my body creates a negative energy that won't go away and won't let me relax. Obviously I just deal with it the best I can and focus on other things, but it still makes me wonder why the pain has gotten so bad. My friend has similar uncomfortable experiences on any dose 3 hits or under, but he recently took 5 hits and said he didn't feel any of the same negative effects. No anxiety, no naseau, no body pains. Does this work for everyone? I worry that if I take 5 the pain would be worse. Give me some feedback about how ones body feels on moderate to high doses, or techniques you use to make your body feel more relaxed while tripping!

(Also the acid I have gotten is not fake, it has always been tasteless and I have similar experiences as others describe. The first time I tripped I think it was fake, but I learned my lesson and started going to more trustworthy people. So the terrible pain I feel is not due to fake acid.)

Thanks in advance :)

I never experience pain while on acid. My teeth chatter but I don't get jaw pain, I occasionally get muscle spasms, but they don't normally hurt until after the trip, however this isn't always the case. Sounds like you just got a muscle spasm. Basically, your muscle contracts and then has an error so that it can't relax, and staying contracted is what causes the pain. This is probably more a result of muscle tension and dehydration than the LSD. This is most likely a one time thing but may happen in the future. The best thing to do is drink lots of water and take magnesium. Benzos or alcohol may also alleviate this discomfort. Get plenty of rest and maybe take a hot bath. A chiropractor would probably be able to fix you up. Did you tense your muscles or stress them a whole lot?

A tip: you should never conclude your LSD is real unless you've tested it, watched someone put it on paper or sent it into a lab.

Magnesium citrate works wonders for muscle tension. You might give it a shot next go round.

I have never experienced pain on LSD either although I have on some psychedelics... on AL-LAD one time I got this really strange, intense gastric pain that was very unpleasant though I still enjoyed the trip.

Magnesium citrate works wonders for muscle tension. You might give it a shot next go round.

I've read somewhere chelate has better bio-availability. No sources now, though. In any case, no oxide, that's doing nothing.

OP:
Short answer: yoga and water.
Slightly longer answer: your body is communicating with you (with and without LSD in your system). I sometimes have stiffness as well but I've learned healing is more important than curing. Try figuring out why it hurts then and there. Didn't hurt me ! :)

Sweet thanks for all the advice. I do think I need to drink waaaay more water when I'm tripping cause I usually just don't think about it. I've been stretching everyday too because I have been getting sore anyway--always had back and shoulder pain. But I'll see what a chiropractor can do. It's so weird that no one else has that kind of pain! (I also think I need my upper wisdom teeth pulled, which could contribute to jaw pain when I clench my teeth)

Sweet thanks for all the advice. I do think I need to drink waaaay more water when I'm tripping cause I usually just don't think about it. I've been stretching everyday too because I have been getting sore anyway--always had back and shoulder pain. But I'll see what a chiropractor can do. It's so weird that no one else has that kind of pain! (I also think I need my upper wisdom teeth pulled, which could contribute to jaw pain when I clench my teeth)

Are you in shape? I used to have back and shoulder pain all the time, especially back pain. I started working out and got a strong core and that has 99% disappeared, I feel much better (in many ways). My trips are better too.

Get plenty of rest and maybe take a hot bath. A chiropractor would probably be able to fix you up. Did you tense your muscles or stress them a whole lot?

I do tense up on the come up because I always get nervous and stressed out before I peak, but I'm tempted to meditate and do yoga as it hits me in the beginning. Think that'd help? I think the set/setting actually affects it a lot too, I'm more of a solo tripper so I think being alone my eliminate some stress that may be causing me to tense up.

Are you in shape? I used to have back and shoulder pain all the time, especially back pain. I started working out and got a strong core and that has 99% disappeared, I feel much better (in many ways).

Yeah I am haha, I ride my bike and hike a lot. I just always forget to stretch which leaves my body sore for such a long time! And I had recently gone to a concert in which crowd surfers banged my neck around quite a bit, so I think something just really got jacked up. And my back pain is from earlier in my youth, I was in a high impact sport and it fucked me up. But I'm wearing supportive shoes now and it helps reduce the pain quite a bit! I should work on my core though, that definitely helped before.

Oh okay, cool. :) Back pain sucks, sorry you have to deal with that. But yeah I just try to give that advice when I can because it helped me so much (I hadn't ever been strong at all my whole life until recently though I was in shape cardio-wise as a kid) and a lot of people aren't in shape.

And yeah your core is so important because then your muscles support your frame.

Yoga on the comeup would certainly help. Yoga is awesome while tripping even if you're not having muscle pains c:

^ agreed. I've experienced back and neck pain (and sore legs) on even the nicest LSD trips.
Stretching and yoga works wonders, and in combination with the mental state, brings greater awareness of one's body that tends to remain long after the trip has subsided.
Psychedelics can teach you so much about yourself and the world around you.

Yoga is the best!

One time during a direct dialogue with the mushroom, it taught me a bunch of poses very similar to yoga, but with more energy and less bending. Sort of like planking almost. They don't exist anywhere but my mind. They instantly relieve body load for a mushroom trip for me, somehow, although the relief goes away as soon as I stop. Now, the comeup of a shroom trip is mostly a forced yoga period for me.