• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Bluelight Weekly Photography Contest Round 270: Trees

Here is my totally made up forest of food!

I constructed this out of a verity of veggies and herbs and other edible goodness. The terrain was sculpted out of about 15 pounds of instant mashed potatoes.

012.JPG

you have got to be sh*tting me -.-
this is so good!!!
a very very creative shot for the contest :D

Quick update everyone, The mods here in SO have decided to change the photo contest up for a bit, in an effort to attract more entries. ATM our submission threads will be open for 2 weeks, allowing more time for entries. We will still open a new round each week, allow it to stay open for 2 weeks, and then close the thread and open the voting thread. So there will be two submission threads open at any given time, and we will be closing all submission threads after the submission deadline come up.

So round 270:trees will be open for another week. The voting for round 269:Salience just went up! Thanks for everyone's participation!

^ That reminds me of a scene in The Lost World: Jurassic Park II, the one where they ended up in the "bird cage."

can all of thse win? trees are such amazing beings.... all so unique and wise in their own way

I had a feeling choosing this topic would produce some great entries! Way to go guys. :)

Doubt this will win, so I'll submit merely for posterity's sake. There's beauty in the mathematical nature of the universe. You can find fractals everywhere if you just care to look.

OTR3i.jpg

If I ever make a post-rock album, that will be the cover. :)

I had a feeling choosing this topic would produce some great entries! Way to go guys. :)

Doubt this will win, so I'll submit merely for posterity's sake. There's beauty in the mathematical nature of the universe. You can find fractals everywhere if you just care to look.

OTR3i.jpg

If I ever make a post-rock album, that will be the cover. :)

Fractal geometry... *drools in happiness*