Bluelight - MAPS.org partnership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karaboudjan said:
This is great news, inspiring OP too :) Tell me though, why are Vietnam vets disqualified?

Hi Karaboudjan,

Vietnam vets are excluded from this study as one of the specific criteria in the protocol states that patients must have been diagnosed with PTSD for a duration of five years or less. I hope that answers your question.

SG

Illegal drugs helping people?? No wai!!

Congrats on this step forward :) I don't support banners, but I support yours!

Well done!

although, S_G, did you have to get rid of your fantastic robot avatar?! ;)

For those that don't know - SG used to be a major player for BL back in the day and even rose to the position of Admin, holding several mod spots along the way and having a big impact on the PD and TR forums from what I recall. My point being, we're overjoyed to have such a respected and admired member of our community return to us and help out with opportunities like this - it's good for BL and good for MAPS. Heck, it's good for HR and education in general.

While I don't wish to detract at all from the point of the announcement, I did want to point out to our newer members or those that didn't know - SG is one of our own, come back to help out, and he's brought a few friends ;)

Sebastians_ghost said:
Hi Karaboudjan,

Vietnam vets are excluded from this study as one of the specific criteria in the protocol states that patients must have been diagnosed with PTSD for a duration of five years or less. I hope that answers your question.

SG

I have a feeling that they'll have their hands full with combat vets from Iraq & Afghanistan. I wish the British government would consider the same sort of initiative for members of the British forces (I know at least one ex-army friend who has PTSD from duties in Northern Ireland who has a serious alcohol problem because of it)

That is awesome news :) Good to see the site moving forward in ways like this :D

All of us from Philosophy and Spirituality embrace this partnership. Please come by our forum to say what's up!

Sincerly,
- cP

Status
Not open for further replies.