Bluelight Maintenance (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydancer

Bluelight Crew
Bluelight Maintenance

To manage Bluelight's expansion, we will be moving Bluelight's Amsterdam server hardware to a new network. On the new location, we will have a doubled amount of bandwidth plus enough rackspace to provide for this year's projected growth.

The server will be physically moved to the new datacenter on sunday feb 1st after which we will do a full review of security and software. This will affect Bluelight as well as Pillreports.

From sunday 15 feb and further, we will install three new servers in Amsterdam. The new server farm will allow us to grow and keep offering advanced features like the Gallery and Journal, while improving performance and resilience of our sites.

Maintenance scheduled:
1 feb: Move to new network. Expected downtime: 12 hours.
15-20 feb: Installation of new servers. Services will be migrated in the following week after testing, and some parts of Bluelight might have downtimes of one to several hours.

Thank you for your time and efforts in making this site so great (and quick)! :)

14.gif

I wish the company I worked for was as professional as this!

mega props to a job well done.

i.bluelight.nu (graphics) server downtime.

i.bluelight.ru is experiencing downtime due to hard disk physical damage.

This means that for a short while (up to 24 hours) you may experience bluelight without it's normal graphics and style sheets.

We have set the DNS of i.bluelight to run from the same server as the php to try and temporarily resolve this problem.

^^ hmms i always get graphical errors...

i also find the servers run extremely slow at times, and i know this just isnt my computer, because other websites load fast...

oo well hope you get it sorted!

Some (many) of you have commented that the Bluelight site seems to be exceptionally slow in the past week. Although we managed to make good use of the current server capacity, this problem will only be solved by moving Bluelight to the new server park.

Two new servers are already up and running and the third one will be connected soon. The burn-in test has gone without any problems, and the move of the data and services will take place fairly soon.

skydancer said:
The burn-in test has gone without any problems, and the move of the data and services will take place fairly soon.

The burn-in' test was fun..

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.