• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ Blog/Article/experience: I survived the destroying angel mushroom.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I found this while searching. I wonder if this is true as these mushrooms are deadly?

To anyone reading this, including guests DO NOT eat toxic mushrooms or do this as a dare, for kicks, for science, curiosity, because of the invincible mentality of 'this guy on the Cornell blog ate them, and did not die so it can't be that bad...', etc.

NEVER consume any wild picked or foraged mushroom, truffle, fungi, etc. without being 1,000% accurate it is non-toxic, not deadly, and not poisonous.

I had a housemate who has liver damage due to his crazy ex-wife picking wild mushrooms for their dinner decades ago. I am not sure which type or species they ate, what they looked like but it was in Western Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh, so it was one of these at the link below.

Last edited:
"I couldn’t find my Mushroom book, was in a hurry, so I trusted my judgment, fried them up in olive oil, and ate them as a side dish."

famous last words lol

pure white mushrooms like that look suspicious

This is why I don’t fuck around, I will toss what I find unless I’m 100% certain. I also don’t venture into species that have dangerous look alikes. This guy sounds like someone that had zero clue what they were doing.

As he said, Inky’s are quite a bit different than Amanitas. You’d know when your cooking them... They’re so easy to ID they’re considered one of the fool proof 4.

This guy got extremely lucky.

Actually just got myself a fomitopsis pinicola tincture brewing right now, good for fighting cancer I see in research articles.

-GC

This is why I don’t fuck around, I will toss what I find unless I’m 100% certain. I also don’t venture into species that have dangerous look alikes. This guy sounds like someone that had zero clue what they were doing.

As he said, Inky’s are quite a bit different than Amanitas. You’d know when your cooking them... They’re so easy to ID they’re considered one of the fool proof 4.

This guy got extremely lucky.

Actually just got myself a fomitopsis pinicola tincture brewing right now, good for fighting cancer I see in research articles.

-GC
Are Southern European truffles beneficial in nutrition and anti-cancer prevention?

Are Southern European truffles beneficial in nutrition and anti-cancer prevention?

Yup, not entirely sure on their nutrient profile (probably similar to other fungi) but they are supposed to have similar cancer fighting benefits. From my poor memory many fungi can fight cancer, except your regular button/bella mushroom. While they also contain the same cancer fighting ingredients (polysaccharides n such), they also contain substances which may induce cancer.

So I typically tell people if your eating mushrooms for health, eat most all edibles except buttons. It’s even worse to eat them fresh like some do in salads. Plus buttons just suck, so many tastier shrooms in this world.

Morel seasons right around the corner too :)

-GC