• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bleeding from nose after 1 gram a day for 2 days

Shan0

Greenlighter
long story short ive recently dabbled in yay or a final farewell, welll i kind o overdone it.. my nose has blood when i put it into my nose. Its not like running nose bleed but stays that way for a little under a week.

Does this mean severe nose damage or just "coke nose". It also runs purfusy. I used saline solution the first day but ran out so i made homemade. Ive been putting carmex on the outside of my nose since its burning and dry. It helps but im not sure if its safe to put a tiny bit in my nose.

Im stopping so no need to say that, just looking fo a solution.
Any home remedies since stores are closed?

thanks

No man, it's not strange. You can call it "Coke Nose" if you like. Cocaine has enjoyed a lot of attention over the course of its history for its stimulant properties, but it was also pretty revolutionary in many ways in its heyday for its abilities as a local anesthetic. Vasoconstriction is essentially the constricting of blood vessels. In your nose and sinuses, these vessels are pretty fragile and exposed. This is part of what aids Cocaines easy passage through the membranes and into the blood stream. The problem is that your tissue needs blood constantly or else it dies and can potentially become necrotic.

Bleeding from the nose is not a "good thing", but it's pretty much to be expected with this drug particularly. These sypmtoms definitely do progress though. Deviated Septim, Tissue perforations, collapsed cartilage etc. can all occur. Luckily, this was your one off.

My doctor told me to gently pinch just under the bridge of your nose and use saline. I would nix the carmex. Also if you have any sterile gauze, you can cut a small strip. Put it about halfway up there just enough to soak up the blood if it's really gushing. I used to get nosebleeds real bad even long after I quit snorting coke. Eventually, I needed to get it cauterized. Hope this helps.

I have found that straws causes cuts in the nostrils easily. When I snort I use the body of a pen that is made of thicker smoother plastic and doesn't cut.

Get yourself a Neti pot, even better than saline spray. I've messed up my nose decently with RCs and while it was bad at first, with proper aftercare and no more snorting for a while, I recovered after a month or so. Also, ditch the Carmex. The menthol/camphor in it might feel relieving, but in reality are just adding to the irritation. Give it some time and you should be ok, it takes a while to permanently and visibly damage your nose, but defintitely take it easy on the schnoz from now on!