View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blast off

Shagggyyy

Greenlighter
I haven't tried dmt and I don't trip all that often so I'm wondering what a spiritual experience is like. I hear people talking it up a lot and I can't really imagine anything spiritual while on drugs. I know the word spiritual is pretty general so maybe I'd like to here some stories.

Thanks Yall

This is better suited for the psychedelics subforum. So moving this

MED>>PD

DMT really shouldn't be grouped in with "drugs". It's a neurotransmitter. While it is beautiful and can give you euphoria, it's very intense and not exactly "recreational". It can also be very scary. At some point during your spontaneous generation in the womb, your pineal gland (which is responsible for creating many of the serotonin-related neurotransmitters you enjoy, as well as DMT) migrated from your throat into your brain, leaving a tiny tiny hole. In some people, such as Prahlad Jani for example, this hole can expand. During heavy meditation, some report having something called "the nectar of enlightenment" drip down the back of their throat. It is for this reason that there is a technique where you place the tip of your tongue as far back as possible (while rolling your eyes far back into the head), to taste the nectar. This stuff is reported to taste exactly like DMT. It's just a theory but I believe some forms of meditation can lead to the release of DMT, after many years of work. Also take into consideration the brain wave states during dreaming (which releases DMT) and meditation are very similar.

I haven't tried dmt and I don't trip all that often so I'm wondering what a spiritual experience is like. I hear people talking it up a lot and I can't really imagine anything spiritual while on drugs. I know the word spiritual is pretty general so maybe I'd like to here some stories.

Thanks Yall
I have a lot of experience with psychedelics (including high-dose DPT), but I've never tried DMT. I've had a lot of very mindblowing experiences but I don't see them as spiritual.
I think you have to be a spiritual person to begin with to have these kinds of experiences... I've seen entities and all sorts of crazy shit but I don't try to find any higher meaning in them. I just like to lie back, clear my head and live in the moment.

I think you have to be a spiritual person to begin with to have these kinds of experiences... I've seen entities and all sorts of crazy shit but I don't try to find any higher meaning in them.

Not necessarily. I was on the far side of the scientific and rationally minded spectrum with not only a disbelief but passionate dislike of anything spiritual and had spiritual experiences while tripping that have since completely changed my perspective.

I felt a very profound sense of oneness, infiniteness, engrossment in a color/sound/pattern of a dimension I could never see in reality. I felt safe but at the same time somewhat anxious. anxiety was most likely caused by my mom being downstairs and walking in on mid breakthrough would scare the shit out of her. I vaguely remember two entities watching over me, which I loosely interpreted as my parents checking if I was ok (slight disconnected anxiety). I also felt that I had been here before. Maybe those two entities were present when I was born? This couldn't be the case bc my dad fainted unless it was a nurse and doctor. Either way it was neutral in terms of recreational value but it taught me centuries of sacred information that I pretty much forgot. Go ahead and do it, you wont regret it unless you are afraid to let go of strongly held values or have a bad setting

I didn't really read the above posts too much but I wanted to add
1. If you are on other drugs/medication; don't... I have no idea how that should react. cannabis should be fine.
2. it is uncomparable to acid/shrooms/dxm.. DMT is its own substance. I wouldn't even classify it as psychedelic due it its unique effect that is so indescribable that you must experience it. even then, it leaves more questions that answers

DMT really shouldn't be grouped in with "drugs". It's a neurotransmitter. While it is beautiful and can give you euphoria, it's very intense and not exactly "recreational". It can also be very scary. At some point during your spontaneous generation in the womb, your pineal gland (which is responsible for creating many of the serotonin-related neurotransmitters you enjoy, as well as DMT) migrated from your throat into your brain, leaving a tiny tiny hole. In some people, such as Prahlad Jani for example, this hole can expand. During heavy meditation, some report having something called "the nectar of enlightenment" drip down the back of their throat. It is for this reason that there is a technique where you place the tip of your tongue as far back as possible (while rolling your eyes far back into the head), to taste the nectar. This stuff is reported to taste exactly like DMT. It's just a theory but I believe some forms of meditation can lead to the release of DMT, after many years of work. Also take into consideration the brain wave states during dreaming (which releases DMT) and meditation are very similar.

I disagree, DMT is a chemical that as far as I know, acts like a neurotransmitter like any other drug. It's not an actual neurotransmitter, just fits the same receptors as 5-HT (somebody correct me if im wrong but I thought that was just a theory). I also was under the impression that your brain releasing DMT while dreaming is also just a proposed idea by Strassman with absolutely no scientific proof to back it up.

I would group DMT with all other psychedelics. In breakthrough doses, it's def pretty far out from a traditional psychedelic trip but at sub breakthrough doses it's pretty comparable, although much more powerful/intense.

Obviously a spiritual experience on DMT is subjective, but I think a common theme is seeing the universe from it's own point of view, and it's more of a feeling that can't be put into words than a literal experience. It might just be your brain not even being remotely close to understanding what you're experiencing and thus labelling it as a "spiritual experience" because what else could it be?

DMT really shouldn't be grouped in with "drugs". It's a neurotransmitter.
Is it really??? DMT is produced in small amounts by the human body but so are morphine and ethanol. 8(
GHB is a neurotransmitter. Do you mean to tell me that G isn't a drug? What about anabolic steroids that occur naturally in the human body (e.g. testosterone and nandrolone)?
The definitions 'neurotransmitter' and 'drug' are not incompatible.

Not necessarily. I was on the far side of the scientific and rationally minded spectrum with not only a disbelief but passionate dislike of anything spiritual and had spiritual experiences while tripping that have since completely changed my perspective.
Interesting.

I have a lot of experience with psychedelics (including high-dose DPT), but I've never tried DMT. I've had a lot of very mindblowing experiences but I don't see them as spiritual.
I think you have to be a spiritual person to begin with to have these kinds of experiences... I've seen entities and all sorts of crazy shit but I don't try to find any higher meaning in them. I just like to lie back, clear my head and live in the moment.

I just love that quote! Says it all. If only the religions of the world got it the way you do. That's one of the most spiritual things I've ever heard. ;) :D

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like spiritual is the closes word to describe the indescribable

Dont use a psychedelic "trying to find God" I think its a good idea to get into God first before you start exploring your journey with God with substances, and not use a substance to try and find God.

just my .02

I have only smoked DMT , [ although I would like to try to sniff the fumarate salt some day ]

I just find it too fast and furious to properly integrate and absorb the experience when smoked . [ Hard to explain this aspect properly ] When it is over I can barely remember any details of the trip .

4 - ACO DMT is pretty similar to DMT [ imho ] and orally active , and as such is less dramatic in intensity and effects than smoked DMT ; and [ for me ] I am able make sense of what I am experiencing , remember much more , and enjoy the trip much more ....

But yes , DMT [ and tryptamines in general ] ineed certainly do have " spiritual " aspect to the experience . I think it is a mistake to perceive trypatmines as mere " drugs " or chemicals - they are very closely linked to our neurotransmitters , with a sacred and infinite feel to them in their effects .

Last edited:
Your brain creates the experience. Anything you experience is because of YOU.

The trippy part of DMT is that everyone sees a certain similarity in their trips. If that makes sense. Anything you experience that's spiritual is based on your beliefs. Well that's how I see it :\. It's definitely a very bizarre experience but just another psychedelic experience at the same time. People like to give too much power to drugs. They're just tools really. Though, I like keeping the mystical element attached to it, in reality, they're just another class of drugs to abuse (psychedelics). :|