• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Black Seed Oil - How to use it?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Has anyone else used Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa) to help with opioid tolerance?

I know it can be used to help opioid withdrawal and apparently does help it well, so much so that Indians and Iranians have done research in to it.

Anyone know what dosage and how often to use the stuff?

I’m using cold pressed virgin oil, one teaspoon either just before or after I dose my opioid.
It seems to make them more sedative and make me crave redosing less, thankfully.

Does anyone know any side effects?

I’ve noticed really lucid dreams but apart from that nothing other than the vile taste, which I cover with chasing it with milk or milkshake.

An update...

I was a bit reluctant to try this, thinking that with it being a plant oil and a supplement that it’d probably not have much effect but it’s the real deal!

Whether you’re using it for withdrawal, to lower tolerance, reduce cravings or just boost your high/painkilling dose it really helps!

I’ve been using one teaspoon about 10min’s before taking my opioid, if I want to reduce cravings and they’re getting a bit strong I’ll have a second teaspoonful but about teatime and I’ve only done that about 4 times in the past three weeks.

I’ll definitely be using this going forward.

It works on the mu-opioid receptor and as the first link below says about thymoquinone, the major active chemical in Nigella sativa, “It is an opioid receptor stimulating compound with 45% ligand displacement at mu-opioid receptor, which is a receptor that is critical for morphine’s rewarding effects.”.

It also acts as a calcium-channel blocker, which helps lower blood pressure and some CCB drugs are used to help opioid withdrawal and research has said BSO can be as affective as some of those and even diazepam during withdrawal!

I understand what opioid agonists, antagonists and mixed agonists are but can someone please explain what it means by it being a ‘45% ligand displacement at mu-opioid receptor’?

Does that mean it’ll displace 45% of endogenous opioids like endorphin and enkephalin but not exogenous opioids like morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl etc or am I completely wrong?

Thymoquinone: From Nigella sativa to a protective pharmacological compound in managing opioid dependence and amphetamine type stimulant issues

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7395189/

Nigella sativa(Black Cumin) Seed Extract Alleviates Symptoms of Allergic Diarrhea in Mice, Involving Opioid Receptors

https://journals.plot.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0039841

Opioid dependence and substitution therapy: thymoquinone as potential novel supplement therapy for better outcome for methadone maintenance therapy substitution therapy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387227/

A new and novel treatment of opioid dependence: Nigella sativa 500 mg

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19385474/

Last edited:
What opioid were you taking and at what dose?

Did you use BSO alone to come off opioids?
Did you wean off or go cold turkey?
I didn't have a really bad habit but it was bad enough for me to dabble in things like kratom and poppy seed tea in between prescriptions for a while so I wanted to get off them altogether. At the highest dose I was on norspan patch 20mcg and even though it wasn't that high it went on for years and I used to take the film off the patch and stick it in my mouth and leave it there for an added boost after the week was up. My doctor weaned me off down to 10mcg and then 5mcg and then I stopped after switching to the BSO. I used it alone but also had some CBD oil and a small prescription of diazepam.

The first time I took BSO I have very vivid dreams so I could tell it did something to my brain. I heard about it in a kratom group and apparently it works on the same ions (or whatever they are - not sure) in the brain.

Just got some today and took it 30 minutes ago. I was using 1 Kratom black extract bottle a day for over a year and it was taking a toll on my finances. Since the beginning of June I started tapering and am now down to 2.5 grams once a day.

I don't know how many grams total are in the extract bottles but boy was using them a mistake. I jumped to capsules at 12 grams and have been subtracting .5 grams every other day. So far so good. The worst symptom is the restless legs at night when trying to sleep.

I hope this black seed oil helps out with the tapering symptoms. My concern is that if it enhances the effects of kratom, does that mean my body will be utilizing more of the 2.5g I am currently on and it will be as if I am on a higher dose? I want to go down in tolerance and dose and become less dependent, not more.