View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Black light on LSD

Intghrn

Greenlighter
Suppose I'm in a rush and can't afford a testing kit for LSD. Does putting it under a black light work or is this just myth?

IMO, use of a black-light is not comparable to the use of an ehrlich's reagent test kit.

I believe it would only be particularly effective when examining a vial of liquid LSD at that, given the tiny amount that would be on the surface of the blotter. Speculation though.

Yeah, I feel like it would only be useful if you were shining it on some freshly dropped acid, on a non-reflective surface.

LSD glows under UV light, but this method is questionable because sometimes blotter paper glows under UV light too (especially if it's white), so you can't really be certain about how to interpret the result.

Ehrlich's reagent is not too expensive though, I suggest that you can afford it if you can afford LSD.

Yeah I've been using the blacklight method for awhile but I've found that it's very inaccurate because I have blotters with no substances in them and they still glow under blacklights.

I've also had 25I-NBOMe blotters that didn't glow under blacklight, as well as real LSD that hardly had any glow at all and I almost tossed it because of that.

So the blacklight method is really ineffective. ?

Last edited:
If you extract the blotter into a very small bit of solvent and that glows, I guess it is an OK preliminary test just like reagents are only a preliminary test...

It's still less accurate than Ehrlich's though because Ehrlich's tests for indolic compounds and blacklight (UV) lights up anything that fluoresces, which is a wider range of chemicals. How wide is the range of chemicals found on blotter though?

Don't shine the UV for too long or you will kill some LSD.