• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bizarre PST Reaction

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
Ok, so the last few times I've ordered seeds for some good ole PST I've had a bizarre reaction. The first time after a few days off of the tea I take some and I feel great. Now the weird part: if I make another batch the next day using the exact same seeds from the same bag I get nauseous. I've never gotten nauseous from opiates/opiods like some people do until the last three or four times this has happened. It never happens on the first dose on day one. It happens from the second dose on day two. I think my body chemistry is just fucked up to be quite honest, but maybe someone has even the slightest idea? Please tell me I'm not weird.... I already know I am I hear it enough. :D

[edit]I promise I'm not making shit up! lol It's just such a bummer! Could it possibly have anything to do with "going a bit too hard" on it with my first dose and not giving it time to clear out of my system? I don't even think that would make a difference but I'm at a loss.[/edit]
Stay safe my friends,
-MF4M

Last edited:
Unless there is something else in it that you are sensitive to, my inclination is that it hasn't cleared out of your system and you're exceeding your tolerance level. Try spacing out consumption of it or decreasing the dose on the day after. If it reduces or resolves the nausea then there's your answer.

Yeah, pst has a very long halflife, due to the amount of alkaloids in it that need to be metabolised in the liver.
This is why it is particularly physically rough for a lot of people.

I'm just throwing this out there. It could be complete bullshit so take it with a grain of salt.

Could it perhaps be being caused by alkaloids of the poppy other than Morphine and Codeine, like Papaverine or Noscapine? This might be a long shot, but I thought it might be a possiblity.

I always thought the nausea was caused by thebaine (and of course some other alkaloids). IVe always been told that the best PST has high amounts of codeine and morphine, and low amounts of thebaine since thebaine has some very nasty negative effects on people

Well sure that's all correct, but why does it only affect me on the second dose then? I should've prolly mentioned it's also happened once when I dosed PST twice in a day (I know, it lasts so long you don't really need to but hey we're all idiots sometime :p)

I'm gonna give it the rest of the day and try it in the morning tomorrow and I'll let y'all know how it was. If there isn't much I can do about it, what do you all typically take for nausea induced by analgesics?

Stay safe my friends,
-MF4M

I think you're just taking too much.
It took me a while for my tolerance to kind of balance out with that stuff before i could actually function on it normally without ending up with weird feelings (headaches, nausea, sweats).
But honestly - it wasn't worth finding that point; because by that stage you're on your way to opiate addiction (of one form or another).
Or...you physically opiate dependent?
If it makes you feel like shit, may be best to leave it alone. Assuming that thebaine could be playing a role here (it's total speculation, there's no way any of us could know, short of complocated analysis using GC/MS or whatever) i don't think it's safe to take, and can cause seizures.
So...the scary and dangerous thing about PST is tht you just dont know what's in it.

Agreed. PST is not something to fuck with. BUT if you are going to take it anyway, use a first generation antihistamine, like diphenhydramine, dimenhydranate, or doxylamine succinate for the nausea

I think you're just taking too much.
It took me a while for my tolerance to kind of balance out with that stuff before i could actually function on it normally without ending up with weird feelings (headaches, nausea, sweats).
But honestly - it wasn't worth finding that point; because by that stage you're on your way to opiate addiction (of one form or another).
Or...you physically opiate dependent?
If it makes you feel like shit, may be best to leave it alone. Assuming that thebaine could be playing a role here (it's total speculation, there's no way any of us could know, short of complocated analysis using GC/MS or whatever) i don't think it's safe to take, and can cause seizures.
So...the scary and dangerous thing about PST is tht you just dont know what's in it.

I've never heard of seizures from PST. I will have to research that. But really I never take more than a pound at a time. However PST is the only time I'm consuming opiates anymore. I wish I knew where to get some U-4 but I hate using BTC and the only domestic vendor that accepted CC no longer has it in inventory :(

Anyway, I took some tea this morning and I feel quite swell. :) I think I'll just stick to taking it once or twice a week and I'll probably be fine.

thanks for all the input my friends and as always

Stay safe,
-MF4M